26; bad kisser

you yelped, "slow down!" as heizou dragged you to a particular location

you yelped, "slow down!" as heizou dragged you to a particular location. a grin crossed your boyfriend's lips as loud music was blasting and kids were rushing to play on other machines.

your expression suggested that you were surprised based on the way your eyes widened at the location choice, and heizou waited for your response. your mouth was still open when you mentioned "an arcade?"

he laughed and nodded in agreement, keeping his eyes on you while crossing his arms, and said, "you can't only burden yourself with schoolwork or student council duties for valentines."

"what are we waiting for? let's go!" you exclaimed as you closed your mouth shut and a smile formed on your lips. this time, you pulled him inside.

when the pair initially entered the arcade, air hockey was the first game they noticed. the two looked at each other as if planning their next move, and then they sprinted over to the empty air hockey table.

meanwhile, two children who were intended to try it out were miffed when the air hockey was stolen from them because they were too slow to occupy it.

you took the air hockey pusher off to the side of the table, and as heizou took his, you snatched the puck from underneath. soon the game began, pushing the puck to his side in an effort to allow it to go toward the goal, heizou quickly stopped it.

he then flung it back to your side almost going to the goal when you, fortunately, blocked it in time and afterward immediately pushed it to his side making the puck hit the side and go back towards you.

the puck was moving all over the table, and heizou was struggling to keep up, but when you pushed it toward the goal, it went in without much delay as you raised your hands in celebration.

even though it was only your first victory, you poked fun at him by saying, "ha take that!" as you became more competitive, heizou simply laughed while taking the game more seriously.

the puck continued to slide around the table until the timer ran out, thus the game ended in a tie after a few minutes or so.

you complained about the tie while heizou smiled, content that you had lost. as the two of you approached the basketball area, he slipped the arcade card to start the game for both of you.

you said, "one with the lowest score will pay for the food." and heizou shook his head, totally rejecting your statement. he responded, "i'm the one who's paying anyway."

the basketballs moved closer to your body as you grabbed one and started putting it in the basket before you had a chance to respond. when one of the balls made contact with the basket, it was thrown back outside the ring.

you immediately went to snatch the ball that had inexplicably fallen on the ground. similarly as you got it, out of nowhere a ball from heizou's place was almost going to smack you in the face when heizou quickly caught it with his hand and afterward shoot it back to the hoop.