16; too bad

grumbling and turning the other way to avoid getting your eyes scorched by the sunlight coming through the window, feeling at ease in your sleep until you heard footsteps on the floor

your first reaction was to flutter your eyes open and swing your fist in the person's direction, which is exactly what you did.

childe yelped in agony and jerked his nose up, glaring at his best friend for abruptly striking him in the face.

"hey! what the fuck, punching me wasn't necessary." he hissed, touching his nose, and wincing in agony.

you gave him the side-eye and asked, "what do you want now? do you need to borrow another black card or is there anything else?"

childe continued to clutch his nose while giving you another piercing gaze that clearly didn't bother you. he then answered, "your lover is outside raising a racket while the guards tried to shoo him away."

at the sound of that straightforward sentence. you jumped out of bed and leaped onto the window, lowering your sight. you noticed a particular boy with an auburn head haggling with the guards, perhaps demanding them to let him inside.

you asked, "how did he know where i live?!" but you already knew the answer as you swiftly turned to look at childe, who was sluggishly making his way outside.

you instantly approached him and issued a threat, saying, "you better give me an explanation, or i'll kick you out of my house." this caused him to stop and raise his hands in defense.

"well for reasons unknown he realizes i wanted help with something significant and he made me some way or another spill what's annoying me, then i let him know that i have no decent date places for myself and zhongli...." he followed off, perspiring lavishly from your glare.

"he knows a few spots and he can tell me for a trade of where you live!" he proclaimed.

instead of giving him a severe scolding as he had anticipated, you sighed. he was given another look before being told, "reveal my address to someone again and you're dead."

childe nodded in agreement and froze in place as he saw you exit your big bedroom while still wearing your pajamas.

thoughts of heizou creating a ruckus first thing in the morning prevented you from scolding childe as harshly as you would have liked.

a guard sneered at heizou's little form for being so competitive about getting in after the number of refusals as you ultimately made your way downstairs and towards the entry gate. as you approached the gate, heizou waved at you.

you commanded the guard, rubbing your eyes to stay awake and letting out a yawn, "guard, he's my friend. let him inside and i'll talk to him instead."

the gate was opened for him once the guard complied. in an instant, the boy ran over to her and snatched her up in his arms. lacking the energy to shoo him away, you could only sigh and accept his embrace.