12; pancakes

as soon as you blink your eyelashes open, the scent of pancakes permeates the room

as soon as you blink your eyelashes open, the scent of pancakes permeates the room. but as soon as you were completely awake, a terrible headache hit and you groaned in pain.

"time for you to wake up." heizou stated as he turned the pancake over in the frying pan, indicating that the noise had grabbed his attention.

kazuha sat on the seat in front of the counter and wrote down haikus as he calmly drank his coffee. you went to the kitchen after realizing that kazuha had just let the boy crash in their dorm while heizou was really preparing breakfast for them.

you asked, sitting next to kazuha on one of the stools, "what are you doing here?" as heizou brought a glass of water and set it in front of you. the boy simply grinned at you and carried on preparing pancakes.

leaving you unanswered as you hurled out a sigh and took a taste of your water. the reddish-brown-headed boy put the pancakes on independent plates and put them on the counter before he went to get the maple syrup.

in response, the h/c-headed girl rolled her eyes and snatched up the maple syrup to drizzle over her pancakes. kazuha then got up from the stool, his eyes examining the two, "you can have my pancakes, heizou. i would rather not be a third wheel for both of you." he expressed.

you looked at him in dismay and watched as he snatched his bag after he stuffed his journal inside, then before long left the room. sighing at how your dormmate abandoned you with this moron, your e/c-eyes gazing towards heizou.

the young man in question was putting strawberries and whipped cream—from who knows where—into his pancake. you didn't stop glancing at him as the boy turned to face you.

"what?"

"what happed last night, and why are you here, exactly?"

heizou shoved a pancake inside his mouth, munching while at the same time gazing at you before he replied, "you got yourself tipsy last evening and i brought you back to your dorm. so you better express gratitude toward me." he commented.

"well then, thank you." you ultimately thanked him, at last taking a nibble of the pancake that he had made minutes prior. you were surprised by how nice it tasted since you had secretly anticipated it to be awful.

another moment of stillness followed, during which the boy continued to stare at you as if he were waiting for something to happen. you arched an eyebrow in confusion at the boy.

he gestured to his face, "where's my thank you kiss," and you struggled not to giggle as you noticed cream on the corner of his lips.

after a little debate in your thoughts, you inclined somewhat nearer to him and the boy anticipated a kiss from you yet rather felt a wet substance lick him next to his lips. his cheeks immediately became scarlet, extending to the tips of his ears.