15; sulking

he was waiting for her to respond to his messages while blinking at his phone, but a minute went by before another and still, there was no response

he was waiting for her to respond to his messages while blinking at his phone, but a minute went by before another and still, there was no response. given that heizou and the boys had opted to hang out at kazuha's dorm, heizou sighed at this and made the decision to allow himself to think of other things.

pizza boxes were spread all over the table as aether and xiao played video games, scaramouche scrolled through his phone out of boredom, and albedo brewed coffee while kazuha made himself some tea.

venti was mulling over movie suggestions from his friends while he made his movie selections. until the two-braided boy got up from the couch and suggested they watch "minions" after finding a good movie.

scaramouche groaned, "haven't we watched that silly movie numerous times already." and aether shrugged in answer, not minding at all that they kept watching it because it was an entertaining movie.

venti pouted and when he turned to look at heizou to defend him, he found him staring at his phone with his unfinished pizza still on the table.

the first thought that came to venti's mind was that the boy was sulking.

venti spoke in a voice loud enough for them to hear, "hey guys, what's up with heizou?" the others glanced at him in secret, but kazuha didn't bother because he knew exactly why.

"he misses y/n since she won't be spending the weekends here." kazuha replied, setting his tea on the kitchen counter, causing the others to look at the crimson-eyed boy quickly while scara merely scoffed.

"you guys do realize i can hear you." heizou finally spoke out, almost startling venti he hurried over with a pitiful expression. "despite the absence of your girlfriend, we are still here for you, heizou!"

the auburn boy cringed at his words, "as if i'd want you guys, just go away." venti gripped his chest dramatically, insulted by his remarks, "after all i've done—"

heizou rudely cut him off, not having any desire to hear more bologna expressions of venti's, "kazuha, can i go in the bedroom? you know to cope." he made up an excuse to get away from the braided-boy.

this made heizou stare at kazuha, who chuckled and nodded in agreement. he said, "go on ahead, just make sure you won't cry in her bedsheets." heizou played along, saying, "i'd rather cry in your bedsheets instead."

heizou entered the bedroom after leaving the living room, and when he did so, he noticed a table with a few tiny transparent boxes on it that were packed with stickers. he didn't just walk into their room to escape venti; he also did it to prove his foolish thoughts.

he was aware that searching through things is a violation of privacy, but he still held onto the faint hope that his watson is, in fact, y/n. particularly, that one time when they were having their first date and she held a recognizable letter close by.

a sigh of relief and shock overcame him as he pulled back the drawer. the letters he wrote are in that drawer, and they are neatly lined up with the dates he mailed them. while the opposite drawer is stocked with stickers, calligraphy pens, highlighters, and more.

the entire time, y/n has been his watson.

he pushed the drawer back in and since he is a skilled detective in contrast to the girl, he assumed that she hasn't discovered about it yet.

before he had time to fully process the startling news, a cough interrupted his train of thoughts.

heizou glared at him when his olive-green eyes crossed with a set of indigo ones. heizou walked over to your bed and flopped down on it, asking "what are you doing here?"

scaramouche crossed both of his arms, gazing eagerly at heizou who was chilling in your bed as he waited for him to respond to his inquiry. "do you truly love, y/n?" he unexpectedly addressed all of a sudden, almost throwing heizou off.

the auburn-haired boy gave scaramouche the side-eye before he exhaled and answered honestly, "i do and what's with the question? are you being a jealous scaramouchy?" he mocked.

the said male rolled his eyes in disbelief and spat, "how about you never call me that ever again, and i don't think y/n feels the same at all." before moving to the other bed without giving heizou the slightest thought that he had ruined his mood.

heizou pointed out, crossing his arms and staring at him, "first off, you don't speak for her and second of all, it's none of your business to mess in with her feelings at all. didn't you two split up? what's with constantly concerning yourself to her."

scara didn't back down, though. "i know," he stated, drawing a bewildered look from heizou. "everything is fake, even the relationship as well." he continued.

heizou responded, trying to gather himself, "and how could you make such a claim?"

"it's already obvious, what's more, you're not even her type by any means." scaramouche started, obviously making heizou chuckle at him. "as though you're her type, what about let us two be? you know nothing, so back off."

scaramouche was about to add more to their discourse when kazuha, who was standing at the bedroom door, interrupted. he intervened, putting an end to their argument, asking, "what's with this intense tension, you two are certainly not fighting right?"

the indigo boy got up from kazuha's bed and replied, "nothing's wrong, i'll go now since this chat was worthless," before turning around and heading back towards the others.

leaving heizou and kazuha alone. kazuha then switched his attention to the boy who was still there at y/n's bed and had an expression on his face that he couldn't interpret, "are you okay, heizou?"

when heizou regained consciousness, he met kazuha's gaze and asked, "kazuha, how would you know that you have fallen head over heels for somebody?"

kazuha blinked three times, not expecting to be asked a question like that, before pulling out heizou's phone and announcing, "y/n responded to your messages."

END OF CHAPTER 15

chapter written: july 16 2022