28; even

# EARLIER —

# EARLIER —

taking a profound inhale, he ultimately spilled the news, "you're getting to an arranged marriage with scaramouche." pantalone announced.

those few words gave you the impression that everything had come to a complete standstill. the way your heart dropped and your emotions were jeopardized by the news made it feel like a slap in the face.

your chest filled with a sharp agony, as if there were needles piercing it, and your throat started to close. you couldn't handle it. tears forming toward the edge of your eyes. you were shaking. you were in dismay by the news and you wouldn't acknowledge such a choice.

"no, you're lying right?" you spoke up, your voice faltering with each word and tears already rolling down your cheeks.

however, the manner in which your sibling returned your look, proved that it wasn't a lie at all. maybe reality is advising you to confront it and acknowledge it. why can't you just live a happy life once in a while?

colombina just observed the action, her heart was breaking as she observed your trembling figure and the disturbed expression on your face, her eyes widening in concern.

even though she was constantly certain that heizou would never be able to deserve you, she knew deep down that the two of you were destined to be.

she mentally cursed herself before walking in front of you, her face painted with annoyance as she scowled at the towering man. "there's no way you're getting her married to that jerk, right?" colombina started out by attempting to spot any uncertain expressions in pantalone's eyes.

pantalone only sighed since he had no more control over the situation. in fact, he went so far as to plead with his mother to force him to wed someone instead of his sister. however, because they are merely an asset to their mother for her personal gain, she never really cared.

"i apologize, but there was no other option."

# PRESENT —

"what?" heizou's eyes widened in confusion as his heart started to plummet as he tried to process the words you had just hit him with.

you repeated, attempting to hold back your emotions as your eyes met his, "we're breaking up." his expression changed as a result of the news; it's breaking you. heizou didn't move as he gave the words time to register.

heizou spoke up since he couldn't just take the words that well and he needed to know why she would think about that. "why? is there an issue with me? if there is, i can solve it." he said. nevertheless, "we won't work out." y/n answered calmly.

he finally allowed those words to hit home and he swallowed back a sob, "it would've been wonderful, right?" he murmured, the first drops of tears shimmering in his eyes.