Chapter 14

When Lizzie walked out into the living room she saw Josie with a tub of ice cream in her hand looking absolutely miserable.

"What's wrong Jo?" Lizzie said sitting next to her with a concerned look on her face.

"Hope is on a date" Josie scoffed "with Maya Machado, they are dating! they are at a dinner right now" even just talking about it left a bitter taste in the brunette's mouth.

"Is that why you're upset?" Lizzie raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah" she poked at her ice cream.

"Why don't you just tell her you are in love with her" Lizzie questioned.

Josie's eyes widened and she looked at her sister "I- I am  not- in love with her-"

"Josie I know you, you are in love with the mut."

Josie sighs accepting her defeat "she's with Maya she doesn't want to be with me so it's fine I don't need her."

"That's the spirit," Lizzie said and Josie just rolled her eyes.

"Maybe you should just focus on you and stop moping over the mut, your babies should be your main focus so cut her off."

"Cut her off? I can't exactly do that-"

"Cut her off tell her no more sex the relationship between you two moving on should just be platonic you will be co-parenting nothing more," Lizzie said.

"You're right... you are so smart you know that?" Josie said laying her head on her twin's shoulder.

"I've been told once or twice" Lizzie grinned.

"I'm going to miss her though" Josie sighed.

"And you're allowed to but it's not like she's going to be gone you just won't have her that way anymore."

"I know... it's what's best for me."

Josie was in the middle of her second Encanto rewatch when she heard the front door.

"I'm coming!" Josie said setting her ice cream on the counter and opening the door revealing Hope carrying a takeout bag.

"Hey" Hope smiled.

"Oh... hey," Josie said moving so Hope could walk in, and when she did she closed the door behind her.

"So how was your date?" Josie said leaning against the counter.

"It was amazing," she said turning to Josie and holding out the takeout bag "I brought you some food back."

"Thanks..." Josie said putting the food on the counter.

Hope turned to the tv "what are you watching?"

"Encanto wanna join me?" Josie asks as she makes her way back to the couch.

"Of course," Hope said taking off her coat and shoes before getting on the couch.

Once they both sat down Hope pulled Josie closer to her before throwing the blanket over them.

A couple of minutes into the movie Josie felt Hope's hand make its way to her inner thigh which caused the brunette to fidget a little.

"What are you doing," Josie said in a whisper.

Hope smirked "nothing of course," she said as her hand traveled higher.

Josie squeezed her eyes shut before gently grabbing Hope's hand and removing it "we can't do that anymore."

Hope looked over at her confused "what?"

"You're dating Maya now I just... don't think we should be doing that."

Hope shakes her head "no-no it was just a dinner it's not official we don't have to stop-"

"Except we do Hope... she likes you and you said yes to going on a date so that means something."

"Please don't do this" Hope begged.

"I'm worth more than just being a hookup... I'm not doing this to hurt you... it's what's best... I'm just gonna focus on the babies... we are co-parenting we shouldn't have a relationship outside of that" Josie says before going into her room leaving a shocked Hope sitting on the couch