Chapter 27

It had been a few weeks since they brought the twins home and their days mostly consisted of dirty diapers and packing up all their things for the move to New Orleans.

"I still can't believe you are leaving me and taking those adorable babies with you" Lizzie frowned as she folded Josie's shirt and put it in the box that had the label 'clothes' on it.

"Well they are my sons Lizzie" Josie laughed as she put Theo and Ellis into the baby carrier strapped to her chest "plus we will visit all the time I promise."

"You're just going to forget about me" she complained.

"That's now true I could never forget about you."

"Aww really?"

"Yeah! you are like a parasite I can never get rid of" Josie joked.

"You did not just call me a parasite" Lizzie gasped.

"I mean that in the best way possible."

"Mhm," the blonde said.

"What's going on in here," Hope said walking in.

"What does it look like mut? we are packing while Josie taking care of your pups" the blonde said putting more clothes into the box.

"Well excuse me" Hope held her hands up in surrender.

"This is all your fault, Hope."

"What did I do now" Hope raised an eyebrow.

"Josie wouldn't be moving if you hadn't knocked her up."

"Woahhh," Hope said covering the twin's ears "that was okay to say before they were born but now? I mean come on" she rolled her eyes.

Lizzie sighed "I'm gonna go eat my sadness away I'll see you later."

"I feel bad" Josie sighs as she pats Theo's back.

"Don't be you are doing this for you, you shouldn't feel bad about that she will come around to it" Hope said taking Josie's hand into her own.

"You always know what to say" Josie smiled.

"I'm just that great" Hope smiled smugly.

"Oh shut up."

"Make me," Hope said bringing her in for a short kiss.

"I wish I could but I have these little guys," Josie said gesturing to the babies sleeping on her chest "I'll make you later though" she smirked as she put her fingers through the loops of Hope's jeans and pulled her closer.

"Stop the teasing" Hope said with a frown.

"I would never tease you" Josie smirked and went back to packing.

"Mhm," Hope narrowed her eyes at Josie before helping the brunette put stuff into the boxes.

"How is packing going for you?" the brunette asks.

"I have pretty much everything all done except my kitchen which should be easy there's barely anything in there."

"This is my last box and I just need to pack the twin's stuff up and we can officially start the move tomorrow," Josie said excitedly.

"On the road for fifteen hours with two babies, this is going to be so much fun," Hope said.

"It's okay they are tough guys they can handle it," she said looking down at the babies.

"Oh yeah! meet me at my apartment later tonight I've got a surprise" Hope said.

"A surprise?" Josie raised her eyebrow.

"Just come okay?" Hope said.

"Fine."

Later that night when Josie laid the sleeping twins in their stroller and made her way over to Hope's house.

When she opened the door some family and friends were all standing in the living room surrounded by balloons, food, and drinks.

"Oh my god, what is all this" Josie smiled at the sight.

"Well, it's a little goodbye party I wanted to throw," Hope said "I invited some of your old high school friends and your family."

"You're amazing Hope Mikaelson," Josie said bringing the shorter girl into a hug.

"Do I get a hug?" Stefan said appearing by them.

"Dad!" Josie said immediately hugging her dad.

"Oh look at them," Caroline said gasping when she looked at the sleeping babies in the car seat.

"They look like Josie when she was a baby" Caroline commented.

"Hope has been trying to convince me that they look like her when she was little but she's wrong" Josie laughed pulling away from her dad.

After that Josie went around and hugged some of her old friends that she hadn't seen in a long time.

She saw MG, Jed, Kaleb, and even the Machado twins.

After a few hours of drinking, catching up, and telling old stories the night had ended with Josie falling asleep in Hope's arms.