Chapter 23

Josie had experienced a lot of love in her life but the love she felt when she saw her babies was something she had never felt before.

Their small movements, the noises they let out when they didn't feel her near the brunette just couldn't get enough.

Both of the twins were doing well, especially after being born a couple of weeks early but the doctor recommended they stay a few days in the hospital for observation which Hope and Josie were completely okay with.

So while they had to stay in the hospital Hope made sure to come back every day and spend time with them and make sure they had everything they needed.

"How are you feeling?" Hope asked as she slowly picked up Theo.

"Tired" Josie chuckled as she laid Ellis down in the hospital crib.

"Then go to sleep."

"Hope the babies."

"I'm here I'll watch them okay? get some sleep" Hope smiled at her.

"Yeah... okay, I guess I'll get a few hours in."

Hope brought Theo up to Josie's face "tell mommy goodnight little one."

Josie kissed Theo's cheek "goodnight my love" she smiled at them before she got comfortable and closed her eyes.

When Josie woke up she didn't see Hope where she was sitting originally and only saw Theo in the crib.

"Hope?" she looked around panicking before her eyes stopped on her father who was holding Ellis.

"What the hell are you doing in here?? give me my son," Josie said holding out her hands.

"Well I came in here to see you and noticed you were asleep and the baby was crying so I decided to help you out," he said rocking the baby in his arms.

"Give me my son!" Josie yelled.

"What's going on here??" Hope said walking out of the bathroom.

"He just picked up Ellis without my permission."

"I wouldn't go that far," he said.

"You should probably leave" Hope stated firmly before taking the baby out of his arms.

"I'll be back to check on you later honey," he said.

"If you come back in here I'm gonna have my nurse get security."

And with that, he walked out.

Josie let out a sigh and ran her hand through her hair.

"I'm so sorry I was in the bathroom for a couple of minutes I didn't even hear him walk in."

"It's fine it's not your fault Alaric doesn't know what boundaries are."

"Well, seeing how you reacted to him touching the baby I should probably ask you this..." Hope started.

"Ask me what?"

"How would you feel about Maya meeting the boys? she has been asking me..."

"You want the truth?" Josie asked to which Hope nodded.

"You two have only been together for like two months... I don't think I feel comfortable with that... and I'm sorry if that upsets you but not right now..."

"It's okay... I agree with you" Hope said.

"You do?" Josie raised her eyebrow.

"I mean yeah I'm with Maya but who's to say she doesn't break up with me when I tell her about New Orleans? it just wouldn't be a good decision to let her meet them... especially if she isn't committed."

Josie smiled "look at you being a responsible parent."

"Oh shut up" Hope laughed.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting but I wanted to see my grandbabies before I have to catch my plane," Hayley said walking in.

"You have to leave already?" Hope frowned.

"Yeah I have to get back to work... but I will be back down in a few weeks to help you start packing for your move to New Orleans."

Hope hugged her mom before she pulled away and rolled the twins up to the woman.

"They are so freaking cute you did so good," Hayley said squeezing Josie's shoulder.

Josie gave her a small smile.

Hope's phone suddenly rang and she looked down to see Maya calling her.

"Hello?" the auburn said.

"Where are you?" Maya said.

"I'm up at the hospital with Josie and the twins why?"

"Come over."

"I cant I'm with-"

"Come over Hope."

Hope let out a sigh "yeah whatever" she said before hanging up.

"I've got to go but I'll be back later okay?"
she turned to them.

Josie just nodded and looked back to the twins and Hayley.

-
this is a filler chapter I'm sorry 😭🙈
I still hope you enjoyed