Chapter 16

When Hope walked into the hospital she saw Lizzie in the waiting room flipping through a magazine.

Hope ran up to her "where's Josie?? is she okay?" she asked sounding worried.

"You have some nerve" Lizzie scoffed closing her magazine and throwing it on the chair next to her.

"Please just tell me if she's okay," she asked desperately.

"She was having bad pains in her stomach I rushed her here immediately they took her back about an hour ago... you should have been here Hope!"

"I know... I know I just- I didn't hear my phone."

"What had you so busy hm? Maya?

"That's not fair."

"What if something bad had happened to Josie and you were too busy fucking Maya to find out??"

"I told you I just didn't have my ringer on! I didn't hear it!" Hope defended.

"That isn't an excuse-"

"Will you both stop" they heard and turned around to see Josie being wheeled out.

"Jo-" Hope started but was cut off when Josie started shaking her head.

"Please don't, I don't want to hear any excuses, Lizzie please just take me home."

Lizzie glared at Hope before walking over and switching places with the nurse and wheeling Josie out.

Hope followed after them "can you at least tell me what happened."

"It was just Braxton hicks contractions... but you... you still should have been here..." she said before getting in the passenger seat of her car.

"Josie please can we just talk..." Hope looked at her with desperation.

"Not now, I'm tired I just want to lay down and forget today."

"Stay away from her Mikaelson... you may have been my best friend at one point... but that changed the moment you hurt her," Lizzie said before getting in the car and pulling away leaving the auburn with nothing to do but watch the car pull away.

The moment they got home Josie went to her room and crawled under her covers.

A second later she heard a knock at her door and looked up to see her twin standing in the doorway.

"Hey," Josie said before laying her head back on the pillow.

"Hey" Lizzie smiled "you look like you could use some twin cuddles."

"I actually could use some" Josie smiled sadly at her sister.

Lizzie slid into bed with Josie and rested her hand on the girl's stomach.

"She was probably off with Maya, wasn't she?" Josie asked staring at the wall.

"Screw her let's just not talk about her" Lizzie said laying her head by Josie's.

Josie just silently nodded and buried her face further into her pillows.

The following few days Hope had texted Josie at least three hundred times asking to talk to her to which Josie would just leave her on read.

It was when the auburn started constantly knocking on the twin's door that the brunette had enough.

"What!" Josie said as she answered the door.

Hope frowned and backed up.

"Can we please talk please Josie" Hope begged.

Josie just stood there before letting out a sigh and moving to the side so Hope could walk in.

Hope just looked at her.

"Well? are you going to come in," Josie said.

Hope quickly nods before walking into the apartment.

"Talk" Josie said going back to reading her parenting book.

"Well... I'd like to start by saying I've been horrible..."

"Oh wow, what makes you say that?" Josie says sarcastically as she looks up from her book.

"Look I know... I've been.... distant? I thought that's what you wanted from me so I just talked to you as little as possible and I apologize if you felt like I was just cutting you out."

"Well, you were" Josie pointed out.

"I wasn't! do you think it was easy for me to stop talking to you? you are my favorite person in the world and it hurts me that I hurt you and I'm so fucking sorry I didn't answer my phone I've been beating myself up over it for days."

"Why didn't you answer your phone hm?"
Josie raised her eyebrow.

Hope stayed silent and set her gaze on the ground.

"Yeah that's what I thought" she returned to reading her book.

"Please don't be mad Josie I just... I can't have you mad at me..."

Josie just silently looked at the girl seeing the desperation in the girl's eyes.

"Hope I'm telling you this once if I give you another chance and you screw up again I'm done... like I'm so serious right now... I can't handle more disappointment from you."

Hope brought the brunette into a hug and buried her face into the girl's neck "I'm so sorry."

Josie felt something wet against her neck which she learned was Hope's tears.

Josie eventually wrapped her arms around Hope "I'm serious Hope one more chance."

"I know," Hope said burying her face farther into Josie's neck and inhaling the brunette's scent.

-
Well all i can say about the next few chapters is Hope is no longer going to be a dumb ass and is going to work on building a strong friendship with Josie

Also if you aren't following me make sure to follow for daily stories 😁