Chapter 17

"You're kidding... you didn't actually forgive her did you??" Lizzie said.

"No, I didn't completely forgive her I'm just giving her a chance to prove herself."

"The woman literally thinks with her dick instead of her brain! that's how we ended up in this situation" Lizzie says exasperated.

"You don't think I know that? that's why I'm not forgiving her yet I-" before Josie could say anything else a knock was heard at the door.

Lizzie rolls her eyes before getting up and opening the door seeing Hope standing there with Two cribs at her side.

"Josie your deadbeat baby mama is here," Lizzie says glaring at Hope before walking away.

"Uh ignore her..." Josie looks down at the cribs "when did you get those?"

"I've had them for a couple of days" she rubs the back of her neck.

"Uh come in! you can set them up in my room I already cleared out half of my room for the baby furniture."

Hope nods before she drags the cribs into the apartment and into Josie's room.

"What kind of cribs did you get."

"Remember those one cribs we were looking at the ones that can attach to each other?" Hope said as she started opening the box.

"Oh my god yes! those are the ones I wanted."

"I know" Hope smiled.

About two hours into Hope building the cribs she had finally set them both up.

"These are so complicated," Hope said looking at the instruction manual as she put the last screw in.

"Which is why you're doing it and not me" Josie laughed.

"And... done," Hope said as she set the last mattress in "what do we think," she said standing back and looking at the cribs with a hand on her hip.

"They look amazing Hope... Thank you" she smiled at the auburn.

Hope smiled back "do you want to go out for lunch?"

"Hope-"

"Please my treat" Hope said hopefully.

"You didn't let me finish I was going to say yes."

"This place is expensive..." Josie said scanning over the menu.

"Yeah but it's worth it the food is so good," Hope said.

"Thirty dollars for a salad?? that salad better come with gold tomato's on it," Josie said shaking her head.

"Josie just pick something I told you I have it covered remember? the mikaelson money" Hope smirked.

"Show off" Josie playfully rolled her eyes.

Hope laughed and went to take a sip of her drink.

"Hope?" they both heard a voice say.

When Hope turned her head she choked on her water seeing Maya.

"Maya! hey, what are you doing here?"

"I work here," Maya said kissing Hope on the cheek before turning towards the brunette.

"You must be Josie I've heard a lot about you" Maya smiled.

"Good things I hope?"

"Oh yeah you're like Hope's favorite thing to talk about," Maya said grinning.

Josie turned to Hope who looked down with a blush.

Maya looked down at her watch "shoot I have to get back to work but it was nice meeting you" she said before walking away.

"Is that who you ditched me for the other day?" Josie said before pointing to Maya's retreating figure "because if so I'm not mad anymore she's literally amazing."

"Haha very funny" Hope rolled her eyes "but yeah that's Maya."

"I approve," Josie said as the waiter came over to take their orders.

They spent the next hour just talking and enjoying each other company.

Neither of them where gonna admit it but they missed being around each other.