Chapter 3

I looked down at the math on the table in front of me. All of it was extremely easy but since I was helping Jackson I couldn't say anything. He has trouble with math so I help when daddy can't. I was a math prodigy in high school. That's part of the reason I was bumped up a couple grades.

"Alright and if you multiply this, we're done." He leaned away from his homework. I gave it a quick look and shrugged. I mean I guess you could've done that too.

"I don't think you did the equation right but it's the right answer so I'll take it." I nodded. Jackson gave me a relieved smile. We have been at it for two hours already. I know he's tired.

Jackson was the last member to join the family. He was adopted when he was three. Even though he looks out of place sometimes with his brown curly hair and green eyes we don't care. My parents fight hard for all their kids and to us we're all related. I don't think Jackson or Remy knows I'm actually their Uncle. I'll tell them one day but I'm sure it won't matter.

"Damn, finally. Thanks Ro, I'm going to Tracy's." He stood up. He gathered up his books and walked off.

"Don't get nobody pregnant you know what papa be saying." I called after him. He let out a laugh but he knew I was serious. Papa doesn't want no grandkids right now and he keeps reminding us of it.

"You done helping Jackson?" Dad entered the dining room with a mug. Probably coffee, he's addicted to it.

"Yeah. It was easy, you know me. Math genius or something." I shrugged. Dad laughed and gave me a soft smile. "You worrying again." I sighed. The past few days have been filled with him trying to get me not to go through with the take over. Bassir worries about everything a little too much. It's nice but annoying.

"How am I not supposed to? You're my first born." He sighed.

"Technically I'm your brother." I tried joking. He gave me a unimpressed frown. He hates when I say that joke.

"No you're mine. That adoption cericfatcafe says so. I just want you to be safe Bubba." He frowned.

"Oh don't call me that." I groaned. I haven't been called Bubba in years. "And I'm going to be fine dad. That's why we have Adonis helping me and Soren. They're not going to lead me wrong or let me get hurt." I patted his hand.

"Okay but-"

"No, nothing is going to go wrong." I cut him off. "Stop worrying." If I'm not scared he shouldn't be.

"If I don't worry who will?" He smiled.

"Oh we both know it's papa who do the most worrying." I laughed.

"I do the most what?" Papa asked walking into the room. He just got off work because he still had his suit on. He made a beeline and sat right in dad's lap. He's been doing that since they met, I'm sure. He barely sits alone.

"You worry more than dad. Remember when you stayed home with me when I broke my arm."

"You broke yo arm and I not supposed to be worried." He frowned. Tyrell is obsessive when it comes to us. He only gets like that when we're hurt or sad. He does everything to make him feel better.

"Yeah but Babyboy, you slept in his room with him." Dad looked up at his husband.

"In case he was hurt and we couldn't tell. Y'all mad cause I'm a good dad." He glared. He is a good ass dad. I know that means a lot to him because of his own father.

"No you're a great dad." I smiled.

"And an amazing husband." They gave each other a look.

"Welp, it's my time to leave before my eyes are burned." I stood up. I gave them a hug before leaving out the front door.