3

2016

My laugh filled the halls as Teagan dragged me into the bathroom, shutting the door behind us. "Tell me everything!" She demanded, trying her best to keep her voice hushed. 

I felt guilty, so guilty. I was supposed to be in bio and Teagan in ASL but once news got to her about me and Sam she was adamant about talking right away. "It's complicated." Teagan crossed her arms, a move she would use to flirt a lot I noted. I always caught her doing it around boys when she wanted their attention. 

"That's not what Harper said."

"Harper's a bitch." Teagan raised an eyebrow, she wasn't mad just more surprised. 

"I've never heard you curse." Her heels clicked against the tiled floor as she lifted herself onto the sink counter. I rolled my eyes. 

"Fine, we talk."

"Looks like more than talking to me."

I rolled my eyes but caved in. It started after Cam's party-" 

"The Halloween party?"  I shot her a look. 

"Yes, when you were too busy with other things to notice." I didn't mention the drinking but she knew what I was talking about. 

"Anyways we started talking at that party because that was after him and Audrey broke up so he was trying to avoid her. We exchanged numbers but didn't really talk. It wasn't about a month ago when we started texting more frequently." I smiled thinking about the after-school and weekend hours texting each other pointless things just so we could talk. 

 "We didn't hang out at school though," I continued, "but we would call every chance we got. But again it was all just friendly, I didn't really think of him as anything else until he asked me out."

"He asked you out!" She all but shouted. 

"Yeah, just yesterday."

"Ummm what? Where? When? Why?" She paused. "There's also a who but I guess I know that." She said to herself. 

"Where and when? During final period he caught me in the halls." Teagan squealed. "The what and why I guess he likes me. And as for the what he asked if I wanted to go out with him and see if things could work out between us." Something flickered in Teagan's features but she shook them off immediately. 

"I'm so happy for you." She grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. 

"Too tight." I gasped out. She laughed. 

"Sorry." We both went our separate ways and back to our classes.  I couldn't help the blush that continued creeping to my cheeks at the thought of Sam and I being official. focusing in class became too much of a struggle and I eventually just forced myself to take notes on the lecture so that I'd focus better, or at least have the notes. 

Getting my grades up was kind of vital to getting the summer of my dreams. We still had a few months until we were on break but Teagan and I still planned it throughouly. Next, we'd be sophomores and then juniors which was the year when you don't have that much time for fun. Just two more years of high school fun and only worrying about finals instead of the SATs. 

The bell finally rang and I gathered my stuff and walked out. "Dani!" I heard a voice call. A voice that I internally groaned at the sound. I turned around, a very faked smile plastered on my face. 

"Harper!" I greeted. "What's up?" She walked beside me towards our lockers. 

"I just wanted to congratulate you on the new boyfriend." She said loudly. I looked around ensuring no one heard it. 

"Yeah, but the thing is it's not official just yet. Could you be quiet?" I kept my tone friendly but chose my words carefully. 

"Oh sure!" We walked in silence until Harper ran her dumbass mouth again. "Of course, he decides to keep it unofficial and undercover."

"What's that supposed to mean." 

"Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's really good to you." She paused, a small smile on her face. "But he changes his mind often. He's not a serious relationship type of guy, I think many girls here can attest to that." My eyes lowered at the way she said 'many girls' as if there was some deeper meaning there. 

"Sorry but I've been warned about you too. Not that great of a reputation." I looked her up and down before walking off to my locker. 

"Bitch." I heard Harper say under her breath. 

"Say it to my face," I said equally quiet. I heard the stomp of heels as Harper stalked off. I there my folders into my locker and grabbed the things I needed. 

"Hey girl!" I heard Teagan's voice. A voice I could actually smile up and not feel the need to gag. 

"Hey!" She leaned against the locker next to mine waiting for me to finish. 

"What was that about." She motioned to where Harper walked off. 

"Just an idiot who doesn't know her place." Teagan smiled and shook her head. 

"What did she say this time?" There was desperation behind those words, despite the calm and collected face.

"She warned me about Sam." Teagan's head snapped up. "I know it's stupid." Teagan got up and began walking. 

"C'mon we should get to class, it's starting soon." I nodded. We had choir at this time so we had to go downstairs. I nodded and followed her down the steps and into Mrs.Partin's class. 

"Hi!" She waved a coffee in hand. It didn't matter what time of the day it was, she always had coffee. And every morning was a Starbucks day even if she was late which she would excuse for 'dogs were being butts this morning' or 'had a meeting with another teacher.' But she was one of my favorite teachers so I dropped it and let her feed her caffeine addiction. 

"Are we missing someone?" She put her hands to her hips, looking around the room. 

"Lucas." Michela piped up. Mrs.Partin looked to his empty chair. 

"Oh yeah. Sick." She explained, going over to her computer and marking off a few things. We began with warmups and then started doing our songs. 

"Choir concert in two weeks, do we wanna work on those or-" Teagan tapped my foot with hers lightly, something we would do if we weren't sure if the other wanted to talk. Like now during class, but Mrs.Partin had already given us this lecture so I turned to her. 

"What exactly did Harper say?" She asked. 

"That he's a player basically." I looked her up and down as her jaw locked. "You good?" 

She shook her head. "Yeah all good, I just wanna make sure he's good to you." I grabbed her hand giving it a squeeze. 

"I'm a big girl, it's all good." She smiled. 

"I know sorry-"

"Shhhhhhh!" A girl in front of us turned to shush us, before flipping her ponytail to listen to Mrs.Partin. Teagan scratched her ear but I laughed realizing she was giving her the finger. 

"Theatre kids." She mouthed. I contained my laughter not wanting to get scolded again. I'll be honest, I was so nervous about this year but having Teagan by my side made me feel so much better. But it was probably better that I avoided planning any hangouts with both her and Sam, she clearly seemed irked each time I mentioned him and me.

.........................

Sorry, this chapter is slightly shorter than the rest, but I didn't have too much to add. Thanks for reading <3