Chapter Three

It was already the middle of the night, men and women clad in their expensive suits and gowns, masks hanging on their faces for the theme, engaged in their deep conversation everywhere while music complimented their background. Lisa had her share of conversation and mostly with people she doesn't know but she couldn't do anything. Now she's losing hope to find her donor. She has been drinking her champagne non stop to prepare herself cause for sure she couldn't take it doing the 'thing' with someone. Given the fact that she is 'inexperienced'. So, alcohol will be her good company to get through and yet she hasn't found the right one. Many have already made advances towards her, but alas, not a single one has gotten her attention. She just felt..... it's not the one.

"May I have this dance?"

Not until a raspy deep yet tender voice joined her in the buffet area, buzzing her out from her already blurry mind. That sweet and musky scent tingles every nerve she has. Lisa takes it in, basking at the addicting aroma she is being served with. She took her time before turning and she isn't disappointed. Dark feline eyes, sparkling like a black pearl under the sea. Shoulders, broad yet gentleness ooze with it and a long arm that will entrapped you deliciously. Lisa gulped at the sight more over when her eyes dropped on his face. Jaws, fine and soft. Lips, full and enticing. Lisa unconsciously bit her lips making the man gulp hard and audible but not to Lisa. What she hears is her heart starting to beat erratically. Pumping that vain she thought had died decades ago. Bringing that roots she cursed and buried deep in her to live. Lisa looked at the hand waiting for her and this time, she didn't think twice.

"It's a pleasure."

"MOMMY! MOMMY!"

Lisa was welcomed by her lovely daughter jumping up and down on the bed, her breathing still uneven. She looks around while drinking her surroundings. She is in her room, sunlight bathing her in mid morning light.

'A dream.' She thought and sighs.

"MOMMY! WAKE UP! Wake up mommy!"

"Okay, I'm up!" Lisa giggled at her ball of adorableness and sat up. It is the weekend and she has the privilege to wake up late and be lazy with her daughter but the little angel has something else on her mind.

"Can we go see the big fish?!" Still jumping, Priya beams at her.

"Stop jumping first, Priya. You might fall." The little sunshine did as she was told, but not until doing another jump then straddle her mother, making them both giggle. "Did you already take a bath?"

"Mm!" the little girl started bouncing on her seat again.

"How about brushing your teeth?"

"Mm!"

"Aw, my big girl!" Proud and happy, Lisa hugs her daughter before showering her with her kisses.

"Can we go see the big fish?!"

"I thought you already went with aunt Rosie, sweetie?"

"I want to see it again, mommy! Pwetty pweeeaasss..." Priya snuggles on her mother, pouting with her puppy eyes like the adorable she is when she wants something and who is she to deny her precious little person her happiness?

"Alright, sweetie. Let's eat breakfast first, okay?"

"Owkahy!" Priya squeals and kisses her mom before jumping off the bed and scurry her way to their kitchen.

- - - - - - -

"Baby shawk -dod -doo-doo...

Baby shawk -dod -doo-doo...

Baby shawk...

Mommy shawk -dod –is mewmaid weaw, mommy?" Priya stopped swinging her feet on her seat and her little sing-song and turned to her mother, frowning with her question before turning back to her coloring pad in front of her. Not even waiting for her mother's answer. "I wish dada is going with us."