Chapter Ten

"Fake tears can hurt others...."

"....Fake smile can hurt oneself."

A/N

So.... I posted a new story named Your not so Cinderella and... I was thinking if I should continue it or just delete it completely. I am looking forward to some comment over there. So, I hope you check it out.

thanks in advance.

~~~~~~~

UNEDITED:

The sun was shining brightly, its warmness bathed all throughout the small yet elegant estate signifying the start of summer. Birds were chirping, basking at the beautiful weather. At the end of the hallway there was a refined young lady waiting with a smile so sweet and pristine.

"Aunty Joo! Lili is here!" Perky voice suddenly booms around the manor.

"Lili!" The elegant lady awaits at her spot for the rushing bundle of joy.

A seven year-old little girl, clad in a yellow floral sundress came wheezing from the main door throughout the high ceiling hallway and hurled herself into the arms of the awaiting lady. Her favorite person, her aunt Joobin. Lee Joobin, her mother's cousin, was her pillar, her best friend, sister and her second mother. She grew up with her. Due to her parents' work, she mostly stayed with her aunt and preferred it there and most of the things she couldn't do because her mother wouldn't let her, she does it with her.

--One time, little Lalisa was walking along a park not far from her exclusive school. Another excursion to one of her adventures. It was three in the afternoon. Her class has just ended and was not supposed to be there but she is Lalisa and little Lalisa was a curious girl. While she was on her journey to her new discoveries, her driver was coldly sweating looking around for her. She was trekking in the rows of trees and as she came into an open ground she saw a lot of different kinds of people in ages until her eyes landed on the family of four under the tree. They were having a picnic. A mother, father and their two lovely children, a boy around her age and a little girl who looks younger. Lalisa the adventurer pursed her plum little lips before unconsciously biting it. What really got her attention was the unfamiliar aroma she was smelling from their direction and the slurping that they were doing. The little adventurer suddenly gulped. If anything, she had never had that thing they are eating and it's making her... drool. It looks simple yet it looks good or was it because it was made of love? Her head unknowing tilted to the side as she watched them talking with each other.

"A meal isn't always about the food you are going to eat, my Lili. Sometimes it's about the people you eat with." Lalisa tilted her head up to her right to see her aunt Joobin staring down at her with her loving smile. Her aunt was a great cook. Lalisa flashes back her dashing smile. She doesn't know how but her aunt always makes the best out of the simplest meal.

"Aunty Joo, I want that one too. Can you cook it for me?"

"You don't need to ask, my Lili." Lalisa watches as her aunt caresses her head dearly before looking back at the happy family but this time there is something more in her aunt's eyes. Something new, something blue.

That night her mother almost spit blood at the sight of little Lalisa and Joobin eating instant noodles. She never let her daughter eat instant and processed food yet her cousin defied her. Barrage of lecturing instantly came out from her mother but the aunt and niece only giggled at the fuming mother.