Chapter Eight

UNEDITED:

'I would never fall in love again until I found her

I said I would never fall unless it's you I fall into

I was lost within the darkness, but then I found her

I found you...'

She didn't know where she got that nor heard that song but it has been on repeat in Jennie's head, now it felt like a spell reverberating in her entire system and she couldn't help leaning on Lisa's back and wrapping her arms around her. "Let me hold you."

The dinner was spectacular as always and there was no moment that Jennie would trade to the world. From the time where they quietly and in sync preparing for cooking up to where they are now washing the dishes. Jennie watched Lisa's every move. Every single thing she does is beautiful.

'Is this how it feels when you're in love?'

Lisa's breath hitch and then she froze. Hundred of hooves started stomping on her chest

"I would never force you into something you're not willing to. Just... let me hold you, please..." Jennie pleads as she lowers her face on the crook of Lisa's neck and sniffs her scent, drowning herself into it. Comfort and home. That's what she smells. Her home. And as if they have one heart or maybe... they already have, Lisa felt the same. Maybe it was because of the soup they just had or the food they just ate. No, of course it wasn't. It was all because of this person beside her and only because of her. The warmth that she had felt that night spread again all over her body, a satisfied sigh came out Lisa's lips before turning her face to Jennie and letting herself sink into the tycoon embrace. This brought a smile into Jennie's lips, a content growing inside of her.

A moment later the hands that were on Jennie's side slowly encircled around her waist making her tighten her hold on Lisa. Chest to chest, they started swaying to the beat of their heart, beating as one. They stayed in that position for a while, lingering, savoring each other's warmth until Lisa finally decided to break it.

"Your daughter has been bringing up the beaches."

Jennie abruptly stood rooted on her feet. "What did you say?"

"Priya wanted to–"

Jennie pulled out from their embrace and stared at Lisa, couldn't register the words she just said. "My daughter?" Jennie finally managed to say. Lisa looked away from Jennie, her tongue shying away.

"Well, you are part of her after all. I mean... if you still want to... I guess–"

Lisa couldn't finish her word when Jennie pounced at her, trapping Lisa in her arms once more. "I do! God, I do. You don't know how much this means to me, Lisa." Jennie doesn't need to say more words, Lisa could already tell the sparkle in Jennie's eyes and that gummy smile that their daughter got from her. "And I wanted to be part of your life too if you'd take me."

Now she knows where Priya got that adorable gummy smile. Lisa smiles and caresses Jennie's gorgeous face, memorizing every part of it before nodding in response

This is all she's been waiting and wanting and finally! Lisa doesn't know how happy she is right now! No words can describe it! For the past years, all she's been wanting was finding Lisa she'd never expect to have a plus one but she never regretted it. Instead it was ecstatic!

All her life she's been an empty shell. Day and night she lives yet feels nothing. She gets happy, sad but deep inside at the end of the day there's always something missing. A deep void she doesn't know how to get rid of and every day felt like she was in a water tank, watching from afar and everything was muffled and blurred. The relationship she had was like a wind just passing by; she didn't even know if it ever happened or if it was only a dream. Cliché it may seem but everything about that vanishes just the sight of this woman in front of her. Jennie was enlightened. She felt jealous. She felt ecstatic. She felt like a teenager thirsty for affection, it was like a door to a whole new world had opened and she's addicted to it. She wants more. She wants her. She needs her. Jennie needs them and Lisa telling her all this? Letting her be part of their lives is something she's grateful that no word can't describe.