Chapter Eleven

UNEDITED:

For the past few months, one of the most luxurious executive offices at the top most floor of one of the highest buildings at the upper side of Seol has not been in over time, but instead it has been getting empty at the same exact time. Five in the afternoon. Except for tonight. Its occupant stayed behind. Solemn at her obnoxiously large leather swivel chair. For hours she has been sitting there unmoved, her knuckles clenched-unclenched as she stares at the single folder that is waiting for her. It was already eleven in the evening, the room was dim and everything was swallowed in a numbing silence.

It was the verdict she had been waiting for and finally it has arrived –on her hands. She reached for the file and scanned each sentence and phrases conscientiously until she came to the end of the report. She stared at one particular spot for a while, afraid that it might change before carefully placing it back to her desk and then leaning on her leather chair as she inhaled victory.

'98.99% - Positive'

"It's Positive."

The executive chewed on her jaw as she once again dug deep and brushed her hand on her cheeks then across to her chin. The air has never smelled fresher like never before. She felt renewed. Like a heavy burden had just lifted from her. All of a sudden she felt her cheeks wet and cold. Never in her life she felt this happy before. The awards she had received, the company expansion, the multibillion partnership she had closed –it was nothing compared to this. It felt like everything was clear. That everything she did had a purpose. The domineering President takes a deep breath and calms herself before fishing out her mobile phone and dialing someone. It only took two rings before the other line connected.

"Begin all preparation. I want it all done as soon as possible."

"It already started, young master."

"Good. I want the child under my name as soon as it gets. –No. I want them both."

"Understood."

She looked at the last paper on the file and a smile grew from her face. "It only needs a signature to make it official."

. . . . . .

The next day, just like the other days, it was peaceful and beautiful. Nothing's really new like the lady who has been creeping like a creeper. Her face stuck, glued on that fine glass wall as her eyes roamed maniacally inside. She had been standing in front of the opulent restaurant for who knows how long and the people that passed her by and those inside looked at her like she grew two heads. It's her feet's fault, alright. It wouldn't move every time she steps in front of its revolving door!

"Hi! You're that lady from before, am I right?"

'That voice!' Irene froze on her toes. She is the proud heiress of the Bae Family. One of the envy of many women and the fantasy of men yet here she is peeking from outside of a 2 Michelin star restaurant like a beggar. Never in her life would she imagine herself doing this and never in her magnificent life would she like the apple of her heart to see her doing this... unholy thing. She shut her eyes closed and chewed her jaw to calm her nerves before greeting her back.

"ha-Ha-eiy!" And she squeaked. Irene cursed her pathetic self then turned around like a crooked and rusty metal and her eyes zeroed at the lady in front. The prideful heiress was in her cloud nine just seeing her muse when an unwanted figure showed up, breaking her peaceful world when that person spoke with contempt.

"What are you doing here, Miss Bae?" The two instantly went on a heated staring battle. An electric charge started to aim both their way and sparks started to run loose until Lisa cut it.