Chapter Six

“After kissing and hugging me, you’re going to leave me like it was nothing? We were having the best moment last night and now…”

“You’ve been doing this for the past consecutive days and I didn’t even say anything. I just turned a blind eye to you but still…”

“Traitor.”

“Look at you all smiling while putting on your suit. Pressing it with your hands like it has wrinkles! YOU ARE MY WORLD! I have devoted all my life to you, given you all my love and this is what you’re going to return to me?!”

A scoff escaped him as he watched her close the door with a soft thud indicating that she had left. A low growl crawled all around the room with eyes burning and body trembling with hatred and resentment. “I own you! You are mine and mine alone! Whoever that hooman you are going to, I’m going to find out and you don’t want that to happen. Mark my word Jennie Kim! Mark my words!”

. . . . . .

"We just finished a meeting with new investors."

"How was it then?"

"It was good. How's Mon Ange?"

"Most of our patrons have arrived.”

“Don’t tire yourself too much, hm?”

“I won’t. You too, okay?”

“Mmm…” suddenly a lovely shade of pink cloaked the smiling Jennie. Lilies started to bloom around her with bits of sparkling dust cascading from nowhere.

“Did you have lunch? Don’t forget the dinner tonight, okay!”

“I won’t.”

“Alright, then. I won’t take more of your time. Goodbye, Jen. See you tonight.”

“I’ll see you tonight, Lis.” The pink cloak now surrounds the whole room and the dreamy Jennie sinks in her cloud nine, inhaling and exhaling as she hangs up the phone.

But.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HAPPENING?!"

To Kim Jisoo who sat just across her, she is looking at someone who just smoked weed. All smiling like some crazy old dudes. Not knowing she looked exactly like her cousin whenever she is thinking about a certain blond lady.

The smile on Jennie’s face didn’t fade, instead it grew wider like the sun up in the sky. Jennie swivels on her chair and faces Jisoo. “Flowers bloom–”

“Don’t.” Jisoo closed her eyes and pinched the space between them before darting back at the woman in front of her. “Don’t start with me with those  –really unpoetic words you always spew. They don’t make any sense and they don’t rhyme! At all!”

“But that’s love! Sometimes they don’t make sense but they feel so good and SO right! Tell me it is not what you feel whenever you’re with your ‘Rosie’?!” Jennie looked straight at Jisoo and Jisoo only pursed her lips then sigh.

“Are you Happy?”

“Never have I felt this way before!” Jennie sighs in satisfaction as she answers to her cousin. She was like a flower blooming on the first day of spring.  Especially after yesterday, their family day, Jennie felt closer to her mother and daughter. “You should’ve been there! You should’ve seen that donkey's face. It was a phenomenon!” She smirks at the memory of Jungkook that gives pleasure to her soul.

They just finished a meeting with a new partner for the construction of their new building in Busan and Jennie was feeling every fiber of her floats in the air plus she was invited tonight to have dinner with her Lisa –and their daughter of course. Everything is going so smoothly that sometimes Jennie thinks that this is the calm before the storm. In the corner of her meticulous and fabulous brian there’s something hiding. Dark and wicked. –But she’s Jennie Kim! She is the storm, the dark and wicked! There is no such thing in her vocabulary and if there is, she is all of that. With that thinking, Jennie smiled again like the angel she is.