Reunion

Huge update - 2500 words.
Uff mere to hath dukh gaye. Enjoy.

Haseena entered his ward to find him busy in his phone. She rolled her eyes. Anubhav sensed her presence and looked up from his phone.

Her eyes were filled up seeing him attached by so many health devices. He saw the tears in her eyes. He was informed by Maa that everyone knew the truth about his health now. He understood Haseena knew that Roshni was not his wife.

Haseena looked around and quietly sat down beside him on the chair. He looked in her eyes to find any sign of anger or hurt but he failed to read her eyes. She was not even looking at him. She was looking down. He could see her angry but her silence was killing him. The coldness in the air was piercing his heart.

AS slowly: Haseena ji.

Hearing his voice Haseena finally looked at him. He saw tears in her eyes. He weakly lifted his hand and wiped her tears with his fingers causing more tears to fall. She hadn't cried even once since learning the truth. But seeing him she couldn't control herself.

HM broken voice: Aap... Aapki sha...shaadi nahi huyi.

Anubhav looked at her. He could see the desperation in her eyes for him to just say once that he is not married and that he only love her. He took a deep breath and looked directly in her eyes.
AS: Hum kese kisi aur se vivah kar sakte he Haseena ji.

Haseena looked at him. He understood she was hurt. She would not say but he knew that she was hurt and guilty at the same time. He held her hand. She looked at their hands.

AS: Haseena ji hume maaf kar dijiye har chiz ke liye. Gina bhi nahi sakte utni galtiya kari he humne lekin ho sake to ye aakhri baar maaf kar dijiye kyuki hume to ye bhi nahi ki iske baad hum jinda honge ya...

He was stopped by Haseena's hand which covered his mouth. He looked at Haseena whose eyes were showing pure anger on him for saying these words. He was electrified by her hand on his lips.

HM angrily: Aaj to try kar liya aaj ke baad kabhi sapne me bhi ye shabd mat bolna warna hum sapne me aakar bhi aapki jaan le lenge.

Anubhav gestured towards her hand through eyes. She looked down and removed her hand from his mouth.

AS: Haseena ji sachai se aap bhaag nahi sakti. Aur sach yahi he. Accha ye chodiye aap ye bataiye ki kya agar hum kuch mangenge to aap hume dengi?

Haseena looked directly in his eyes and nodded.
AS: Agar parso operation ke baad hume kuch...

Haseena nodded in no with tears in her eyes pleading him not to say the words which were already haunting her enough. But he knew that it was a huge possibility and hence wanted to talk to her. He held her hand.
AS: Suniye hamari baat. Agar parso hume kuch ho gaya to aap humse waada kijiye ki aap apni jindagi ko kharab nahi karengi. Hume bhul kar apni jindagi me aage badhengi. Kisi aur ko is jindagi me aane ki jagah dengi. Wada kijiye Haseena ji.

Haseena could not even think her life without him and here he was asking her to let someone else enter her heart and life. She jerked her hands off from his hold. She stood up. She started walking too and fro in the ward. Anubhav was confused seeing this. He was shocked to see Haseena punching her hand on the nearby wall hard causing blood to ooze out.

AS loudly: Haseena ji ye kya kar rahi he aap.

He tried to get up but failed due to all the drips that were attached to his body.
Haseena came near him. Her eyes were blood red.

She leaned towards him and held his hospital gown.

HM in a low but angry tone: Dard hua na. Hume bhi hua tha jis din kitchen me aapne apne hath ko isse bhi zor se maara tha. Jante he kyu? Kyuki jitna pyaar aap humse karte he na utna hi hum aapse karte he. Humara pyaar ek hi he to hum kese ise bhul sakte he.