19. Gone

My eyes shot open as soon as I heard distant sound of a door slamming closed. My breathing was labored and heavy, panic seeping through me. I felt cold, and then I freaked. I sat up and turned my head from side to side, searching the room around me. Kellin wasn't in our room.

I threw myself out of bed and yelled, "Kellin?" Normally I wouldn't be this scared, but something felt off about tonight. Nothing specific, just wrong. It worried me.

"Kellin?" I called again as the silence began to suffocate me. "Kitten, where are you?"

I felt my eyes water and sniffled, trying to keep my emotions in check. I could not break down right now, I hadn't even gotten through the whole house yet. As my legs worked to keep me going, my mind slowed down as bad thought, after bad thought attacked me. What if Kellin had been taken? What if he was being hurt? What if he needed me and I wasn't there? There was nothing I could do to stop the 'what if's from hurting me. I just needed to know.

When I'd completed my search of the entire house I knew he wasn't there. Tears leaked down my cheeks and I ran back into my and Kellin's room, snatching my phone off the nightstand on my side of the bed. My fingers shook and I had to redial the number many times. After I'd finally gotten it right, I pressed the phone against my ear and let out a shaky breath. A few rings later, and Mike's tired voice answered, "You realize it's three O'clock in the morning? Or do you just not care my beauty sleep?"

A small cry left my mouth, "Mike, he's gone! He's no where in the house, oh God, I can't find him!"

"Wait, you can't find Kellin?" Mike asked, his voice now alert. I nodded even though he couldn't see me. "Please, Mike, you gotta get Jaime up and come over, okay?"

"Of course, we'll be over in thirty minutes- tops." He answered before hanging up the phone.

I made a confused face when Tony didn't answer when I called him. Shaking it off, I recalled, but still nothing. "C'mon Tony, pick up." I murmured to myself, still trying to stop the tears that tolled down my cheeks. I called him at least twelve times, but when I didn't get anything but a voicemail I threw my phone on the bed.

Making my way towards my closet, I did my best to ignore Kellin's side and grabbed a random shirt and pair of basket ball shorts. I wiped at my eyes again and pulled the shorts over my boxers. I pushed my hair out of my eyes and tugged a beanie over my frizzy curls.

I jogged into the living room and jumped when the door burst open, Mike and Jaime quickly coming towards me. My brother gave me a look when he saw the tears on my face and pulled me into a quick but reassuring hug. "Hey Vic, ready to go look for him?" He asked after we pulled away. I nodded slightly and followed as Jaime lead us towards his car. It was when we sat down that Jaime looked confused. "Where the fuck is Tony?" He asked.

I shook my head and said, "I don't know, he wouldn't answer his phone."

"You don't think they took him too?" Mike's worried voice said from the back seat.

"No, of course not. I'm sure it's dead or something." I said back, but my voice betrayed how worried I actually was. Not only was Kellin, my boyfriend, gone, but Tony, one of my best friends, wasn't answering his phone.

Jaime gave me a look but started the car, "I hope you're right." He said and began to drive.

***

Two hours later and we were sitting in McDonalds. All of us exhausted. My eyes were bleary, Mike's shirt was crooked, and Jaime's hair wasn't so tall anymore. We'd had no luck what so ever. We'd checked every spot possible and still hadn't found a thing. Kellin was still missing, and now it was pretty much confirmed that it had been Gerard who had taken him.

"I can't believe this." Mike whispered, his voice sad. "Is there anyone who could help us?"

I perked up and almost smiled. "I'm such an idiot!" I said and got my phone from my pocket, bringing up the contacts and calling Austin and Alan. It only took a few seconds before Alan answered, "Yes Vic?"

"Alan, has Gerard or anyone you work with said anything about Kellin?" I asked.

I heard a pause, then, "No, I'm at work right now actually. Why, Vic, where's Kellin?" I could hear the panic in his voice and dropped my head onto the table. "I woke up this morning and Kellin was gone. We can't find him anywhere."

"Oh my, God! I'll ask around and see if anyone has heard anything about Kellin. I promise. If nothing comes up Austin and I will come over in a few hours. Okay?"

"Yeah, okay." I said, defeated. I just needed to know where Kellin was.

A/N

VCF(;