12. Awkward Coffee

My eyes were wide with shock as I took a step back, legs shaking in fear. The two that stood in front of me, I'd never wanted to see again. Even if Dr.Ashby had been nice- let me escape even -he brought back bad memories that caused me to wince. Plus, Dr.Carlile, who stood beside him, seemed to glare at me with absolute hate. The promise of my demise in his eyes made me step behind Vic, who's mouth was open in surprise.

"No..." I mumbled into Vic's shirt as tears gathered in my eyes, ready to spill. "No let them take Kellin away, please."

Vic suddenly stood tall, his surprisingly muscular shoulders tensing. "What do you want?"He asked in a voice that sent fear down my spine, making me curl my arms around myself.

I heard nothing in return but when I peeked over Vic's body, I saw Ashby's shocked face as he continued to stare at me. Finally, he stuttered out, "K-kellin?" I lifted my pale hand in a slight wave before latching it onto Vic's tan one, making sure to hold on tightly. "Kellin, what are you doing here? You shouldn't be out in public, oh my G-" The ginger's rambling was cut off as Vic backed us up a step and asked, "Are you planning on taking him back?"

"No-"

"Yes-"

Alan and Austin said at the same time, then turned to glare at each other. "Excuse me?" The shorter of the two asked and crossed his arms over his chest, an angry look on his face. "No, we are most definitely not planning on taking him back." Austin glared down at his small boyfriend, "Yes we are! You heard what Gerard said! He-" I stopped listening and tugged at Vic's shirt, trying to get him to look at me. When he did I whispered, "Let's get to the car while they're not paying attention." He nodded slightly then glanced at them before pulling me along, rushing me towards the gates. People stared at us as we pushed past them, me with a scared look on my face while Vic's was angry.

When we finally got back to the car, me slightly out of breath, Vic threw open the passenger side door and pushed me in, quickly making his way to the drivers seat, a scowl sitting heavily on his face. As soon as he began to turn the key in the ignition, there was a knock on his window and when I looked, my breath caught in my throat as fear closed in around me. Austin stood outside with a glare directed at me, Alan stood behind him with a smile and when Vic hesitantly rolled down the window I noticed a red, hand shaped mark on Austin's left cheek. "Listen, we're not going to say anything to Gerard, but we do all need to talk. Alan suggests that we get coffee, so?"

Vic's brown eyes were filled with worry, the anger pushed down as he looked at me. "Kells? What do you think?"

I rung my hands together, biting my bottom lip. "No hit?"

My voice sounded pathetic, but at the moment that's what I was. Seeing two people from my life at the lab was like a kick to the side, making me remember where my place was. Below everyone else, I was barely human.

When Alan and Austin nodded I agreed to go, and soon we were all on our way to a nearby cafe.

***

I sat next to Vic in a booth, my body slightly hidden behind his body. In front of me sat Alan and then Austin parallel to me. Every time he moved his arms to grab his coffee I'd flinch slightly, my eyes fearful and fingers digging into Vic's strong arm. There had been silence ever since we sat and I could feel an awkward tension clouding the air.

After Alan took a small sip of his black coffee he smiled at me then turned to Vic, "So, what's your name?"

I could see that even after all I'd told Vic about Alan, he still didn't fully trust him. There was a lot forced cheerfulness behind his words when he said, "Victor Fuentes, and you're Alan Ashby, and that's you're ass hat of a boyfriend Austin Carlile. How do you do?"

Alan's face fell and twined his and Austin's fingers together, as sad look on his face. "Listen, I know we're not the best people in the world-"

"That's an understatement!" Vic raised his voice, anger coating every word. "You may have been nice to him and everything, but Kellin still endured torture for years! He has scars all over his body and is till malnourished! How could you just experiment on a human being-" This time it was Vic being cut off as Austin slammed his right hand on the table, his brown eyes hard. "Listen here Victor, you can yell at me. I beat Kellin, a lot. I hit him, I broke his bones, and I starved him. Don't be getting onto my boyfriend who only ever helped that little bitch of yours."

Tears rushed to my eyes and I cowered into my Mexican. I felt his arm go around me and  a kiss pressed against the top of my head. "Don't yell." Vic said quietly, running his hand down my back in gentle strokes. I kept my eyes closed and decided to just listen to the conversation.

"Listen, both of you. We are not taking Kellin back, but Vic, you have got to be more careful. Kellin could easily be spotted by someone from our lab and by someone not as kind as us. I don't want him back there, he's finally free and I want it to stay that way. He doesn't deserve to go back. So, as long as you take care of him, you'll be fine." Alan's calming voice said. I relaxed at that, I wasn't going back.

"Austin's not going to?" Vic asked and I cuddled into him more, bringing my feet up onto the booth seat.

"No, he's not going to." Alan confirmed.

My body felt heavy as they continued to talk, the last thing I heard before falling asleep was Vic asking, "Can you answer some questions about Kellin for me?" Then I was out, sleeping against Vic in a cafe booth.

A/N

Sorry that this sucks and for not updating when I was supposed to, I've been busy.

Do any of you watch Lush on youtube???

Next update on Tuesday!(:

VCF