Epilogue

Four Years Later

I sat by the grave letting my fingers trace the letters. Tears clouded my eyes and I bit my lip to stop myself from crying.  It didn't seem to matter how long it's been, even knowing what he'd done, I was still sad. My eyes were blurred as I looked up at the sound of footsteps.

A shaky smile took over my lips as Kellin placed his hand on my shoulder, a soft look on his pale face. "Hey babe, are you almost ready to go?" His voice was low and comforting. I glanced at the tombstone one more time, reading the words one last time- Cesar Antonio Perry, a lost friend.

I sniffed then let Kellin help me up. "Yeah, I'm ready." I kissed his cheek as we began to walk away, putting my arm around his stomach and letting my hand rest over his abdomen where I knew a single scar lay. A scar that had been placed there from a bullet.

I looked up at Kellin with love. It had taken a while, but once we'd gotten him back and on a healthy diet, he'd began to grow. Now he was no longer a couple inches shorter, but taller. It made me happy to see him looking so well, and I thanked the creator that he was better. And even though Tony had caused a majority of Kellin's pain, my loving husband still visited his grave with me.

When the minivan came Kellin and I drove came into view I began to jog, wanting to get there as soon as possible. I opened the passenger side then hurried over to the drivers seat and hopped in. "Daddy, what took so long?" Garret asked from the backseat, his dark face in a slight pout. "Nothing, buddy. I just had to say goodbye." I looked forward again when Kellin got into the van and began to drive away.

***

Tony had died after shooting Kellin. My kitten, being strong, had made it out with only a two week stay in a hospital. I had asked him to marry me the day he got out and it wasn't even a month later that we married- simple and at a courthouse.

I got a better job and Kellin started taking online classes so we could have a better future. After two years of being married we'd decided to adopt. The little boy was five and had been orphaned after his parents were murdered when he was two. His mother had been African American and his father Irish, we found him fitting for our diverse family.  Now, we were moving. Out of the town that held so many memories and into the city where we could make new ones.

Life wasn't perfect, but it was ours.

A/N

And it's over. This is the first story I've ever finished. I would like to thank all of you who voted on every chapter and left comments that sometimes disturbed me. You've all made me so happy and I'm glad you enjoyed this fan-fiction.

Fanart made by: troyexotyler

Other stories: Save Me, Badboy Loving Abuse, Fragile Wings, and Strange