13. Answers

"Can you answer some questions about Kellin for me?" I asked when I felt the small boy's body rest against mine as he fell asleep.

I stared at the two in front of me, my eyes drifting from the short ginger, to the tall tattooed man. His mouth was set in firm, unhappy line; showing he was clearly upset with how this was all working out. It made me angry that he was unwilling to help, but smirked when I remembered the red hand print that was now faded from his cheek. It was clear, though, that Austin wasn't going to answer my question so I again turned to Alan, who smiled hesitantly. "Of course, what do you want to know about him?" He said, a little quietly since Kellin was sleeping.

"Where did he come from?" I asked quickly, wanting to know exactly how Kellin got to the lab. "Well-" Alan began saying but was cut off by a cruel chuckle from Austin, who I then turned my attention to. " His mother was a whore." He said in dark amusement, "Sold Kellin to Gerard before he was even born."

I saw Alan elbow Austin and bit my lip so I wouldn't laugh. "What he's meaning is," Alan began again, glaring at his taller boyfriend. "Mary, Kellin's mother, obviously didn't plan on having a child, she was a prostitute. She agreed to give her unborn child to Gerard for lots of money, plus, while pregnant food and shelter- as long as he got to experiment." Rubbing his hands together, Alan sighed. "Gerard told us that, soon after she gave birth, she left."

"So pretty much, Kellin is from a street hooker who didn't bother to think about her kid's future." Austin said, crossing his arms over his chest.

I leaned back in the booth, unconsciously pulling Kellin into my body. It was a bit shocking that someone could be so cruel as to sell their unborn baby to a scientist. It sickened me that Kellin's life was doomed from the beginning, he never had a chance at a good life.

Rubbing my hand over my face I asked, "How did he become a hybrid?" My voice was small, after finding out who Kellin's mother was, I wasn't sure I wanted to find out what type of actual pain he'd gone through.

I saw Alan give Austin what I could only describe as 'The Look' and then turned back so he could answer me. "While Kellin was still a fetus, Gerard would give Mary a shot everyday, I don't know exactly what was in it, but it changed the DNA that made Kellin who and what he is. Sometimes Mary would be given oral drugs that were meant to start Kellin's change from human, to half cat. Needless to say, when he was born, he had cat ears and a tail. The only successful creation Gerard had." Alan said, a sad look on his face. "Since Kellin, none of the subjects have survived the drugs. All have died." He quickly finished when the waitress stopped by and asked if they needed anything, but as soon as she was gone continued. "That's why Gerard had caused Kellin so much pain, he wanted to see what made him different from the others. What he did, and is doing, is wrong. You need to keep him safe."

Nodding, ignoring the face Austin made and grinned at Alan. "I will, trust me." Petting a hand down Kellin's back I said, "We need to leave, and I promise I won't take him out as much."

***

After waking Kellin up, Alan gave me his number in case we needed to get a hold of each other. Now that I knew some of the answers I wanted, I could sleep peacefully. I just hoped that Nobody else from the lab had seen Kellin, I didn't want him hurt.

"Vic?" Kellin murmured tiredly, his hand brushing through my tangled hair. It was dark in my room as we were about to sleepy, so I could barely see his face as he spoke. "Yes Kitten?" I asked back.

"Why do people hurt me?"

"Because you're better than them. You're special and amazing in so many ways." I said.

He pressed a light kiss to my jaw before resting his head in the crook of neck, soon drifting off to sleep.

A/N

This sucked more than a whore. Sorry

This is short and poorly written but I have awful writers block and feel sick.

Dedicated to @ashbydgn for all the comments <3

Please, drop some ideas for the next chapter in the comments below!