Chapter 5~Jackson

Recap
I carefully look up at him while he looks straight ahead, expecting to see humor in his eyes...but see none.
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

   After going up two flights of stairs, we are down a hallway with pictures of past generations of Alphas with their Lunas on the wall. It reminds me of an art gallery.

   I finally break the comfortable silence we have, "Where are we going?" I ask curiously, my voice echoing through the empty packhouse. Most people are on vacation or at amusement parks right now. I hear some murmuring and footsteps on other floors, but that's if I strain my hearing.

  "To our room." He responds simply.

   "Wait-" But, before I can finish my sentence Ethan opens 2 big wooden doors with golden knobs. Revealing a king sized bed with white sheets on it and a black bedframe, also with golden patterns. In the corner is piles of papers scattered on top of a regular wooden desk with lamp over it, behind the desk is just a simple plastic black chair.

  Compared to the fancy room the desk seems out of place. To top off the rest of the room, the black curtains are pulled open revealing sunlight on the bed. "Ethan..." I say in awe looking at the room, forgetting my own words.

   "Hmm?" He hums, snapping me out of my trance.

   "I gave you a chance b-but, I want my own room." I stammer, still looking around the room in awe. It's not personalized much, just one picture of him and his friends and one with his parents.

   "No, I feel better knowing you're here with me. Safe." He says determination in his voice.

   "But I need time to myself." I counteract, now looking at him.

He sighs and we stare into each other's eyes for a while having a silent argument with our eyes. Luckily he gives in, "Fine. You can have your own room. It will be right next to mine and you are welcome in here whenever you like. My casa u casa, or something like that."

I laugh at his lack of knowledge, only to realize he's staring at me with a smile. "What?" I ask confused.

He shakes his head fondly and stops looking at me for a moment before chuckling, "You have the goofiest laugh."

I pout before replying, "I'll have you know my laugh is perfect."

He says back, "That is true but, it is also the kind of laugh that will most definitely make other people laugh."

I can't help but hold back a smile, or at least try to. If only he knew. I gently lay my back on the bed as I remember when Mike use to be friends with Chassidy and I.

If I recall correctly they said the same exact thing, 'Your laugh is a laugh that will have everyone rolling on the ground with tears in their eyes.' Chassidy would giggle.

'It sounds like a Hyena!' Mike would say trying to catch his breath.

'You guys are so mean!' I would whine, but not be able to hold back a smile. I could never really be mad at them...well until the day Mike decided to beat the crap outta me.

I feel my smile falter into a frown and look to my side to see Ethan lay on the bed next to me. He props onto his elbow and uses his free hand to cup my cheek. "What's wrong, angel?" I feel butterflies flutter in my stomach at the nickname and intimate gesture, but don't show it.

I debate on whether I should ask him the question or not. "Ethan, can I ask you a question?" I ask hesitantly.

"Anything, love." He says stroking my cheek, as if the slightest wrong move and I would disappear.