Chapter 19~ The Date(Part 2)

Recap
Good thing it's waterproof. I think to myself as I bring our luggage into the two bedroom cabin.
*****
Leya's P.O.V
The cabin looks bigger on the inside than it does from the outside. I just love it! It has a homey feel to it.

I hear Ethan mumbling inchoate things under his breath as he walks through the door with our luggage. Although through all the nonsense, I do hear this, "Little tease. Letting me kiss you like that and not mark you. I swear I'm going to get blue balls one of these days." As he says the last sentence he shifts his jeans and pouts, making me laugh under my breath.

He begins walking upstairs to where I assume the bedrooms are. I follow behind, still admiring the cabin.

"This is your room. Mine, is just next door so of course you're welcome to come in anytime." He says as he sets down my luggage. Just before Ethan leaves with his he says, "Oh, today we're going to learn how to ski. We're leaving in the next hour, so you can settle in and just relax." He gives me a warm smile that gives me a tingly feeling right before he leaves.

I sigh to myself as I take a good look around my room. There's a white and brown themed queen sized bed right in the middle with an ebony dresser next to it and a tv just at the foot of the bed. I kick off my fur boots, zip off my jacket, and flop down on the bed with another sigh.

My mind drifts back to the kiss Ethan and I just had moments before. Ugh I nearly lost control and let him mark me. I think frustrated with myself.

Why didn't you?! Blossom responds sounding very annoyed with me.

Because that would make things between us real! O-official! I answer.

And what is wrong with that?! She counters.

I-I don't know I'm scared! I stutter.

Of what Leya? What are you so afraid of?! She presses.

"Of getting hurt!" I yell. I freeze realizing what I've said aloud and just about how loud I've said it. That was not suppose to happen...

Knock!

Knock!

I take a deep breath to compose myself before speaking, "Come in!"

Ethan steps through the door, looking at me suspiciously, "Hey."

"Hey." I say breathlessly, smiling at him then looking away.

I hear a sigh come from him, "That's exactly what I wanted to talk about."

"What do you mean?" I ask confused as to where this is going.

He looks like he's battling with himself whether he should continue or not. "At-" He cuts himself off to moves to sit on the bed next to me. "At home, sometimes you'll open up to me... and I like that." He gives me a crooked smile. "But as soon as you do, you'll put up a wall to block me out."

I open my mouth to cut him off, but he holds up his hand and gives me a pleading look. "Please let me finish. I'm trying to be more trusting and not be the jerk who you've grown to know. I want to gain your trust, I want to earn you, but you're making it harder by blocking me out as soon as I get through to you." He says sincerely as he puts his warm calloused hand on my smaller one.

My voice catches in my throat when I look into his eyes to respond. The sincerity and sorrowful look in them shocks me, he's never looked this vulnerable with me. "I'm... I'm afraid of getting hurt." I admit.

His hand reaches for my face as he cups my cheeks. "Hurt you? Leya, I'd never hurt you. Ever since I found out you were my mate, I've been trying to do anything to protect you. Of course some of that backfired-"