Chapter 15~ Backbone

This is dedicated to Merry98wood she XD wanted Leya to have some backbone. Here it is. I had fun writing this chapter. :) I'm gonna love this }:D

Recap
"My room." I respond. "I wanted my own room for a reason." He and I both know I have a double meaning with those words.

With that I shuffle across the wooden floor to my bedroom, where I fall into a restless sleep.
*****

Ethan's P.O.V
SLAM! The door lightly shakes from the impact of being slammed by my now angered mate.

I heave a big sigh as I plop my back onto the bed.

I didn't mean to upset her, I just...if I told her about Candice...I don't know if she'd ever forgive me. We're getting along great right now, and I don't want to jeopardize that.

Well...we were getting along great.

I was hoping she'd sleep in my arms tonight, but things took a turn for the worst.

Yes, I lose my temper, but I care about my mate. Mentioning Candice would only be a setback to our progress, or just make everything crash down period.

It hasn't even been a full week and I know I really care about Leya. Yeah, my wolf loves her, but that's the mate bond. Me, I care, and not because of a strong pull.

I give myself a short laugh as I begin to think about my adorable mate.

The cheeks that would remind you of a child.

Green innocent eyes you can't help but, stare into and want to let her get away with anything and everything.

Pink kissable lips that make you think air is your 2nd priority, and keeping your lips on hers is your 1st.

Her laugh would make a whole room of people burst into tears of laughter, without even trying.

When Mike hurt her, I wanted nothing to do with him. I wanted death to knock on his door. I wanted to be the one to end his life.

Mike is my best friend, he's like a brother to me. Before Leya, I would never think of being the cause of his death...

Maybe I do love her...

(Leya's P.O.V)

You're weak.

Pathetic.

Runt.

You're the reason he's dead. You couldn't protect Alexander. You're a worthless waste of space. What's the point of your existence!

"Leya run, now! I'll be right behind you!" I run to get some help. Trying to find another wolf, I sprint through the lushes green trees that are as tall as skyscrapers. They pass by me in a blur.

My legs are sore, my lungs feel as in they have been rubbed against sandpaper, and my vision begins to blur from tears of pain and exhaustion. I give myself words of encouragement. You are not weak, you can do this, you can save him.