Chapter 7~Chassidy

*Edited*

Recap
I leave the packhouse even though Ethan will probably be pissed and go to the one person who I know would comfort me same as I would for her, Chassidy.
*****
Chassidy's usually the one that gets my mind off the bullying in the first place, she's just always...chirpy. Her carefree and confident personality just makes me forget about the bullying, even if it's just for a second. It helps me put it at the back of my mind and just...pretend like it didn't even happen.

That's why we're best friends. I'm the laid back melow one and she's the upbeat cheery one. The kind of friend that would force you to go out to the mall, or maybe a party once in a while.

Miles of tall green trees surround the packhouse blocking me from Chassidy's house. To make things quicker I strip and shift. Obviously needing clothes when I reach my destination, I stuff them in my mouth and sprint off.

A few minutes pass of me just enjoying the sound of nature and whooshing wind passing through my ears. It just has this thrilling feeling, as if going on a rollercoaster. Personally I can't figure out any other way to describe what it's like to run freely in wolf form. Seeing the lush green trees pass in a blur, the fresh scent of wilderness, and hearing little squeaks and chirps of the animals. Thrilling.

I now stand facing Chassidy's house.

Chassidy lives alone. As I may have mentioned in my dream, her parents left her, they died tragically. It was a really unexpected death. Her parents were loved by practically the whole pack! They left the house when Chassidy was 10 saying they'd be right back. Chassidy wasn't too keen on the idea of them leaving without her, so of course they promised to have a family outing and tell her more stories about mates when they returned. The catch was that they didn't return. They were murdered.

The murderer was caught and put straight to jail-well in our case the dungeons- to be severely punished and rot. I feel like there's more to her story, but don't push it.

She's living alone under aged. Chassidy lived with my family and I until the age 16 and just decided to move out. She's been doing great on her own though.

Seeing as that Chassidy has a no 'wolves' in the house rule. I rush behind a tree to change.

DING DONG!

I hear rustling behind the door and a quick, "Give me a minute!" before it swings open.

"Hey." I lift my hand in an awkward wave and give a crooked smile.

Her eyes widen and she gives me a scowl, "Where the HELL have you been!" She yells.

"Well I-"

She pulls me inside cutting me off, "I have been worried sick! Do you know how stressful it is to worry, hm?" She begins to tap her foot. I've learned it's a habit she does when upset.

I open my mouth to answer, but get cut off again, "I gained bags Leya. Bags!" She says pointing under her eyes at barely formed bags.

"But Chas-" I try to explain, but get cut off again by a loud gasp.

"Oh my god! Leya? What happened to your arm?!" She says her eyes full of concern.

"Chas!" I yell effectively stopping her rant.

"Yes?" She says innocently.

I give her a small smile, "Shut up and let me explain will you?"

She crosses her arms and huffs, "Fine."

I sigh, "Well first of all I found my mate." I begin to explain.

She gasps, "Who is he?!" She squeals.

I glare at her for interrupting me.

She puts her hands over her mouth, "Oh right, interruptions. Sorry, continue." She urges.

"Well as I was saying I found my mate...he's the Alpha King." I say quietly.

"The Alpha King?" She says shocked. "My best friend's Luna! You should be happy, right? Why aren't you happy?" She asks concerned.

I look down, "I am but-"

She growls out "He did NOT reject you, did he?" I've never seen Chassidy angry. She never really has anything to be angry about, but so far it looks pretty scary. Her eyes turn a dark shade of red and her canines are getting larger. I never knew her wolf's eyes get red when angered.

"N-No he didn't reject me." I stutter.

She furrows her eyebrows in confusion as her human features come back.

"W-We just don't get along on the same terms." It's stupid, but I still don't want to tell her about the bullying. It's in the past now, so no need to tell her, right? Anyways I tell her that a rogue clawed my arm and Ethan came to my rescue. She doesn't know Jackson physically hurts me, but she knows we fight, so I tell her about a fight Jackson and I had. Finally I end the story of how I ended up here.

"Wow." She says breathless.

I just stare at her waiting for her to say something.

Her voice is calm for the first few words, "Leya, you are..." She then screeches the last word and puts her hands in the air to dramatize her point, "STUPID!"

"What!?" I blink. I thought maybe she would say lucky for getting to be luna or smart for coming to her for advice. Stupid...that wasn't what I thought would be coming out of her mouth. I think, highly confused.

"You're going to lead a pissed off Alpha to my house! Scratch that-The Alpha King! What the hell?! I thought we're suppose to be best friends!"

We then start a quarrel back and forth about leading a pissed off Alpha King to her home. Suddenly we both immediately become silent. We both feel it, but Chassidy is the one to word it, "Oh no. The Alpha's pissed."

We can feel his anger and worry through the pack link, you only ever feel your Alpha's emotions if it's strong. For example if he is sad, you won't feel it, but depressed however, you will feel it. As of right now our Alpha is pissed, angry, enraged, however you put it. He is just, really, really mad.

As if to go along with what she just said a howl is heard in the distance. Chassidy and I just stare at each other for a moment. "How long did it take you to get here?" She rushes out the question.

I'm confused as to why she asked, but answer anyways. "Around maybe 10 minutes. Why?"

"Because that means I only have 5 minutes to get rid of you." She says pushing me to the door.

"What, why? I thought you'd hide me or something!" I whisper yell.

"Yeah like I'd be able to do that. He is your mate, not to mention The Alpha King, Leya. KING did you not hear me repeat that part a zillion times?!" She whisper yells back.

As she pushes me closer to the front door I begin to sputter nonsense, "B-Bu wha-what if."

I'm now outside the door and she rolls her eyes and my shocked form, "Calm down. You act like I'm feeding you to the rogues. It's just your mate, Luna." She winks and slams the door in my face.

I stare at the door for a few seconds, "What just happened?" I ask myself and begin banging on her door. "Chassidy! Come on!"

I then smell the addicting scent of my mate and my heartbeat picks up. The feeling of his breath fanning my neck tells me just about how close he really is. My body freezes and I turn around as slowly as possible to be met with the chest of my pissed off mate.

0-0 1000 reads thanks my werewolf lovers! ^-^ P.S: if u read this before well you know I edited it and sorry for the sudden edit.