Chapter 18~ The Date(Part 1)

Recap
Turns out it's the manager from the resort telling us our reservations are ready.
*****

Leya's P.O.V
"Leya do you have everything packed?" Ethan asks as I'm about to enter the car.

"Yes, I think so. Lets go!" I say excitedly.

Ethan chuckles at my enthusiasm as he backs out of the garage.

Ethan told me to dress warm for the mountains. Saying that our wolves were built to handle warm weather, their body heat isn't enough to keep us warm in the cold. I thankfully took his advice, considering what I was going to wear would have been, a thin long sleeve and jeans.

Instead, I'm wearing a purple long sleeve shirt, a beige long sleeve sweater, a thick white jacket, purple sweats, white boots, and I have a white beanie just in case it's needed. Oh, and I nearly forgot about my purple gloves! While Ethan is wearing a thick black jacket, a black beanie, black combat boots, and black sweats.

"What's with wearing all black? Are you some kind of assassin?" I giggle.

"Well at least I don't look like a marshmellow." He smirks.

"Hey! You said to dress warm. At least I don't look like Bruce Wayne in depression." I counteract.

The first half of the ride is us arguing about each others clothes and having small talk. That's when it happens.

It's the most beautiful time of the year.

Lights fill the streets spreading so much cheer.

I squeal and turn up the radio.

"Jesus Christ." My mate mumbles. "That song was aired years ago. It's not even Christmas!" My mate adds and changes the radio.

"OH! Nuh, no, NO! You do not change my husband from the radio. You're just a hater!" I say changing it back to Justin Beiber.

I should be playing in the winter snow.

But imma be under the mistletoe.

Okay...so I may be a low key Justin Beiber fan, but can you blame me!?

Ethan laughs, "The only husband you'd be having is me."

"Are you saying that I'm not good enough for Justin?" I ask sassily.

A smile tugs at his lips. "I'd say you're more than good enough. " He says staring dreamily at me.

Moments like these make me confused. Sometimes Ethan can be a possesive, arrogant, jerk! Then he can have a whole new side to him... I don't like the way he makes my heart skip a beat, or the way my stomach flips when he calls me a petname. The term the higher you are the harder you fall is true, and I know if I fall I won't be able to pick myself back up this time.

I give him a soft smile before remembering that he's driving. "Ethan the road!"

His head snaps to the road as he slightly swerves.

He puffs out air in a sigh, "Sorry, I'll watch where I'm going." He smiles, "It's just that your beauty distracts me sometimes."

I feel a blush rise upon my cheeks, but say, "That is so cliche."

He chuckles, "Hey, what's wrong with that. I mean it's the truth your beauty does distract me sometimes."

"I don't know if that's a good thing sometimes. " I smile shaking my head.
He gives a smile, "You're telling me?"

I laugh at his expression.

The song soon ends and Ethan and I talk some more, getting to know each other.