Chapter 21

Recap
You know that I'm engaged, and you're okay with it?" He asks with astonishment.

My eyes widen, and I feel my heart break. "You're what?" I whisper.
****
I can realize that Ethan is saying something to me, but it's just all muffled.

"I'm engaged." He's engaged. My mate is engaged to someone, and it's not me. We're suppose to be together, but he's engaged to someone who's not me!

An overwhelming feel of betrayal overtakes me.

I slowly lift my blank stare up to Ethan, "You're engaged to that woman in there, aren't you?"

"Leya, you're not listening to me." His voice is rushed and frustrated.

"You didn't answer my question." I state.
She must be his... his fiancé but I just need to confirm it. Need to hear him say it. Make sure this is real.

"Yes, but please listen to me!"

"Were-were you planning on telling me this anytime soon." My voice cracks.

He kisses me and I freeze.

"Please, stop. Baby, you're causing yourself unnecessary emotional distress." He replies.

"Un-"  I'm cut off with a much softer kiss.

"I wasn't going to tell you because I wasn't going to let anything happen. You are my soon-to-be bride, and as far as I'm concerned. You will be my only bride. Okay?" Ethan spoke those words in the softest voice I've ever heard him use. And I believe every word he said.

"Okay."

"Good. You need to stop giving me little heart attacks." He sighs and hugs me tightly.

I smile.

"Every-time you cry like that I feel like I'm gonna lose you."

"The feeling's terrifying isn't it?"

My mate pulls away to look at me. "Very. Just to let you know, it was my dad who set us up. It was more of a plan then a relationship." He admits.

"How will your dad react?" I ask. I don't expect a good reaction, but I wonder if there's a chance we can coexist with each other.

Ethan chuckles humorlessly. "He's gonna be 'disappointed'. Then add on some anger issues. But I can care less, he's gonna have to deal with it."

I smile, "And I dared to wonder where you got your temper from."

He actually cracks a smile at that. "You've tamed me quite a bit."

"Of course I have." I roll my eyes. "You's be lost without me." I grin even wider.

To that comment he raspberries my neck.

For a moment I forget our previous situation and release a fit of giggles. Then, I'm quickly brought back to reality.

The perfectly sculpted woman and I make eye contact. "What about her?" I whisper. 

Ethan quickly spins around, but just as he's going to speak, she interrupts him.
"Don't even bother." She says softly. "You two are obviously happy, and I've never experienced you acting like this before... I'll just... I can't wait to find something like what you two have." Her eyes obviously tear up and she speed walks out of the castle. Things feel quiet and eerie.

"That went well." Ethan says.

"Yeah." I agree.

"Now all that's left to do is to introduce the pack to their new Luna." He grins widely and lifts me off my feet to spin us around.

His excitement makes happiness rise in me.

Wow, I'm going to be introduced to the pack. I'm...I'm going to be Luna.