Chapter 12~Parents

Recap
"I can't change the pass, but I can fix the future. Leya Winters from now on, I promise to protect you from any harm with my own life and I can't say this enough. I'm sorry for how I've treated you in the past." He kisses my temple and hugs me in his chest. I feel tears sting my eyes, but I'm content in his arms, with his vow, and his apology. I'm content being with him.
*********

A minute probably passes with me in Ethan's arms. I'm not sure how long and frankly I don't care. "We should probably go inside now." I whisper in his chest.

Ethan's chest heaves up then down under my cheek, coming out as a sigh. "Okay...what if they don't like me?" He pouts out of no where and I can't help, but find it cute and shocking that the intimidating Alpha King pouts.

"You're seriously asking that now." I giggle sarcastically.

He puts his head in the crook of my neck. "Well yeah." He mumbles making me laugh.

He removes his head from my neck to look at me and gives a half smile. "Hey don't laugh at me. What if they hate me?" He asks seriously.

I open the car door and step out with a sigh. "Yeah, what if they hate you." I shrug. "You'll have to deal with it the rest of your life." I can't help but tease him a little bit, it's fun.

He chuckles, "Fine. Tease me all you want."

I open the door to my home, but no ones on the other side.

"Mom? Dad? It's Ley-" I don't even finish my sentence because I hear the thumping of footsteps coming rapidly down the wooden staircase. My mom's face is the first I see before I'm brought into a breathtaking hug.

I literally couldn't breath for a few seconds.

My dad follows suit. "Oh my god Leya we were so worried!" My mom fusses.

As my mom checks my face side to side to see if I'm alright as my dad asks the questions, "Are you alright? Healthy? Hurt?" My dad's usually not like this, he doesn't show emotion, but at the same time you can just sense them.

I'm surprised they haven't noticed the Alpha King at their doorstep yet. I think to myself.

Meanwhile Ethan just watches the minnie reunion. As if observing.

They both gasp seeing my stitches."WHO THE HELL DID THIS TO YOU!" My dad growls out animalistically. He's very protective of our family, it's his job.

I try to turn my arm away from there sight. "I'm all stitched up and fine. I promise." I reassure them.

My father still looks iffy, but reluctantly puts it aside for now along with my mother.

My mother closes her eyes and sighs trying to retaliate herself. Once she opens them I am met with fire filled glare. "Good I'm glad you're alright. Now, where IN GODS NAME HAVE YOU BEEN!?" She yells half her voice her wolf's and half her's, but I don't flinch away.

She's my mother, it's not like she'd hurt me.

I give them a blank look. "Seriously? So...no ones noticed the Alpha King standing right here?" I say gesturing to my mate.

My mom's eyes widen in realization looking towards her Alpha, while my dad has an emotionless look, but I know he's looking Ethan over from head to toe. Like I said before, he chases off guys that come within 5 feet of me.

"Uh-I- my apologies Alpha King." My mom bows.

Ethan gives a warming smile, "No need for that Mrs. Winters."

My mother looks up at Ethan before looking between the 2 of us over and over. Then realization dawns on her, "Eeeekkk!" She squeals having my father look at her as if she's a madwoman. "Leya is he your-"