Chapter 11~Guilt?

I thought this song went with the last paragraph ♥A Thousand Years♡ and yes I know it's from Twilight but it's still cute (♡○♡)
Also some paragraphs may be longer than normal because I wrotethis chapter with my tablet.

The ride to my parents house is silent. We're in our own thoughts. Me thinking about that girl and how in the world am I going to explain to my parents where I've been. Should I tell them the truth?

Maybe not the full truth.

I mean come on. Imagine you had a child that came home one day after you thought they went missing and said, 'Oh hey mom and dad. I found my mate, nearly died, and was locked in a room in the packhouse by my mate. Did I mention my mate is the one and only Alpha King. With that said, how's life?' Not the best idea now is it?

I think I'll just sum it up and say I found my mate and stayed with him a few days. Urgh, but they'd wonder why I didn't contact them! Or wonder why I only contacted mom.

I guess I can just say I forgot. That will get me into a LOT of trouble, but it's better then telling the truth...right?

I conclude that as my explanation and worry about a new thought.

That girl. She seemed really...important to Ethan. He doesn't have any siblings...I think.

I snap Ethan out of his line of thoughts.

"Ethan?" I say softly.

"Yes?" His deep voice has me surpress a shiver from going down my spine.

I gulp, trying to focus on my question. "Y-You don't have any siblings do you?" I stutter.

"I'm an only child." He says confirming my suspicion. "Why the sudden interest?" Ethan furrows his eyebrows as he leans on the window staring at me.

I still look towards the road. "N-No reason."

Now he sits up straight and leans off the window. "Why are you lying to me? I don't like it when people lie. More so if it's my mate."

I've never been a good liar. I hoped it would at least improve over the years. As you can see, I stutter when I lie. It's died down over the years, but I still stutter at at least one word. Even if I didn't stutter he can hear my heart beat without even a strain of his ears. Plus him being The Alpha King and all, he can sense little things. For instance, a lie.

When I don't respond I hear a soft growl, "Leya." He says my name as if in sone kind of warning.

"Um...I'll explain it to you l-later." I stutter.

Dammit.

"That's a lie and you know it." He says sounding dangerously calm.

There's a pause.

He huffs, "You're going to explain later whether you want to or not."

"What are you gonna do? Use Alpha Tone on me again?" I scoff. "Already been there." I whisper the last part to myself, although I'm sure he heard.

I feel the tension in the car change and his eyes soften. He opens his mouth as if he's going to say something, but closes it again deciding not to.

(Ethan's P.O.V.)
Leya may have said she forgave me, but I know she hasn't. Not completely anyway.

I still don't get how she can be with me without imagining me throwing blows at her face, stomach,...anywhere she would feel pain. As for me...I don't know how I could have hurt her in the first place. Only once had I ever felt guilty through my years of beating her. How sad is that. Once.