Chapter 17~ Nightmares

Recap
"So...I was wondering of you would go on a date with me to prove that I am worthy to have you as a mate." He asks.
*****
Leya and Ethan begin heading home after her mate asked her for a way to prove himself.

A date.

As Leya walks into her bedroom she sees all of her clothing and accessories neatly organized.

As Ethan had mentioned before, Leya is greatly loved by her parents. Her parents tried to spoil her rotten, and to this day it continues. They bought-and will buy-anything she desires. Leya's closet is filled with different varieties of clothes made by all types of designers.

Ethan explained to her that they would be spending a weekend together in the mountains where it's full of ice cold snow. Leya's never seen snow in person, which just boosts her excitement. They don't live in a climate, where it would snow so it's understandable that she's never seen it before. Although, even she believes she's the only person in school never to visit the mountains to see the icey white substance.

Leya lays on her bed, remembering how she'd used to wonder what snow taste like when she was younger. Remembering that just by thinking about it, she'd want to pour blue syrup on it. As much as she's embarrassed to admit, her excitement builds up by the second as she thinks of all the activities Ethan and her would do together.

Finally decided to let her thoughts drift away, Leya decides to have some time to herself and watch some Netflix.

(Later at 4:23 a.m.)

Leya jerks up with a gasp escaping her lips. Beads of sweat roll down fer forehead, and her back is soaked in sweat. If you were to see her, you'd think she'd just had water poured down her back.

Leya stares straight ahead, letting the darkness of the night consume her vision. She and slowly drags her knees to her chest in nearly a fatal position as she tightly shuts her eyes. Leya trys to force the horrific images away, it works somehwhat.

Not sleeping in the same bed as her mate have been having large affects on her sleep. It's to the point where she has to wear concealer to hide the lack of sleep she's been having. If Ethan knew, she knows he'd make her move in with him for sure.

(Leya's P.O.V)

I've had my fair share of nightmares since I've refused laying by Ethan's side, but this is by far the worst. I believe it goes by the name, sleep paralysis. It's when you're dreaming, but at the same time aware of what's around you. It's the most horrifying thing I've had to deal with in my mental state of mind, not only did it mess with my nightmare, but since it has some sense of reality in it I can't tell which is the other. The feeling of being pinned down just gets to me, and I feel as if i can't breath. It's as if I'm dying, and that's what scares me...I never know if I am.

I slowly open my eyes and take several deep breaths. After an hour of battling whether to just go back to sleep or go into Ethan's bed, I choose the latter.

I take a quick rinse to wash off the sweat in the shower, before finally walking into his room. Only to find out he snores like a full grown grizzly bear. Finding this out breaks a small smile out on my face as I stroll over. It's dark, but the moonlight brings out his masculine features. His sharp jawline, long lashes, and parted lips letting out the powerful snores.

Ethan's sprawled out, and taking all of the room on the king sized bed. In attempt to move him I shove him in the other direction. He doesn't budge. I try a new strategy and move him over limb by limb, starting with his arm. Which is heavier than it looks.

I eventually move him enough to lay on the edge. The bed is soft and warm, but not too warm.

Perfect.