Barriss

"Focus padawan" Bultar Swan stood across the room from where her padawan was using the force to shield himself from training remotes with a deactivated droid body. "This would be much easier for you with your lightsaber" she watched as he used the force to flip the activation switches on the remotes, successfully deactivating them.

"Easiest way doesn't always mean the best way" (y/n) replied with a shrug. "We'd also need to replace the remotes afterwards if I did it your way" the boy remotes fell to the ground. "Training over for the day?"

"I suppose so" Bultar replied with a shrug. "You will need to show me your lightsaber skills eventually padawan"

"First I'd need to have my lightsaber on me" (y/n) replied before walking towards the door. "Haven't had it on me since Geonosis"

Once he was out the boy quickly made his way back to the medical ward. His new master was nice but he was still much more comfortable in the medical ward, helping the doctors and healers.

"Good morning Padawan (l/n)" Doctor Nema spoke as she watched the boy walk in. "Luckily we are having a slow day"

(Y/n) nodded as he went and sat down

(Y/n) nodded as he went and sat down. "That's good. Anything I can do to help out?" (Y/n) asked as he looked around the room.

"I was going to ask Barriss to take some supplies to a gunship, she's boxing the supplies right now" Doctor Nema pointed to a door to the supply room. "It's a bit much for her to take alone though"

"I'll help her" (y/n) replied with a nod. He quickly stood up and walked to the door. It slid open and he walked into the supply room.

At the sound of the door opening a female figure popped out from behind a large crate before smiling. "Hello (y/n)" she smiled lightly at the human padawan.

"Hello Barriss" (y/n) smiled back before walking over to a nearby crate

"Hello Barriss" (y/n) smiled back before walking over to a nearby crate. "Let's get moving" he said as he used the force to lift the heavy box.

Barriss nodded before doing the same. "I thought you would be busy training with your new master today" the girl spoke as the two began walking. They exited the supply room.

They walked through the medical ward towards the next door. "I was. It's strange though... getting a new master I mean" Barriss nodded in understanding. They exited the medical ward into the halls of the temple.

"That's understandable. I don't know how I'd be in your situation" Barriss nodded as the two continued walking. "At least you're not on the front lines now"

"Yeah that's good at least" (y/n) nodded in agreement.

The two walked in silence the rest of the trip. Eventually they made it to the hangar and put the supplies down in front of the gunship they were supposed to bring it to. "Thanks commanders" one of the clones saluted before turning to the supplies.

"That's still strange" Barriss and (y/n) said at once as they started walking away. "Hopefully it won't be going on to much longer" Barriss spoke once again as (y/n) sighed.

"I don't know. Seems like things are only getting worse" he said as they exited the hangar. "Geonosis has been recaptured by the separatists. Probably means there'll be another battle for it" Barriss grimaced at the thought.

"I still don't see why the Jedi have been made generals" Barriss spoke as she crossed her arms. "They're even bringing younglings on less dangerous missions in order to prepare them now"

"That's horrible" (y/n) shook his head as he frowned. "This war is going to end up ruining the order"

"I hate that I'm starting to agree with that" Barriss spoke softly.

"I'm going to go get dinner" (y/n) spoke after another moment of silence. Barriss nodded and watched as her friend walked off.

The Jedi council room

"I don't know master Plo" Bultar shook her head as she talked to her old master. "It just seems like maybe I wasn't ready for this responsibility. We can't seem to bond at all like the other masters and padawans"

"It can take a long time for masters and Palawan's to bond" Plo replied as he looked out the windows to the coruscant skyline. "With Qui-gon Jinn and Obi-Wan it took years to truly bond"

"So what? I just wait awkwardly until we somehow manage to bond?" Bultar asked as she crossed her arms.

Plo turned to his former apprentice before speaking once again. "You could take steps to speed up the process" the master walked over to his apprentice. "I must confess I don't know much about your apprentice. But in many cases the relationship between master and apprentice became stronger after being put into stressful situations"

"Are you suggesting that I stress out the boy?" Bultar laughed a bit at how ridiculous it sounded.

Plo sighed under his mask. "No. However there is something you should know. You aren't supposed to know yet but you and your padawan are being assigned to the invasion of Geonosis along with Skywalker, master Mundi, master Unduli, and master Kenobi" Bultar looked at the master with wide eyes.

"We aren't ready! I don't know my padawans fighting style, his force talents, or anything really!" The woman paced the council chambers. "All I know for sure is that he hates fighting!"

"I know" Plo sighed as he put a hand on her shoulder to calm her. "I tried to have someone else assigned but the Jedi are spread to thin"

Bultar sighed but quickly calmed herself. "When do we leave?" She asked hesitantly.

"Tomorrow evening" Plo responded as he shook his head. "I'm sorry. I know neither of you wanted to ever go back to Geonosis"

Word count: 975