Magicks

"I can't believe you two were stuck there for that long" Ahsoka shook her head as she and Anakin took seats across from Barriss and (y/n) in the mess hall of the ship.

"It wasn't that bad" (y/n) shrugged as he bit into his meal.

"Speak for yourself. I need a new hood. I've had my hood for years" Barriss sighed as she ran a hand through her long hair.

"I'm sure you'll be able to find one you like soon enough" Anakin replied with a shrug. "What did you do the entire time you were on that planet?"

"Romance, adventure, giant monsters. Typical holodrama Jedi stuff" (y/n) shrugged as he took another bite.

"Romance?" Anakin asked with a smirk.

"No" Barriss was quick to shut that down. "There was no romance between us"

(Y/n) and Ahsoka just laughed a bit at her insistence. "Whatever you say" Ahsoka smirked.

Barriss shook her head before going back to looking at the datapad that was sitting in front of her on the table. "What're you looking for?" (Y/n) asked curiously.

"After what we talked about I took it upon myself to find someone magicks that don't rely on the dark side" she picked up the datapad and held it out to the boy.

(Y/n) grimaced at the thought of using magick and shook his head. "Let's forget about that for now. Alright?"

Anakin and Ahsoka looked at each other but said nothing. "Fine" Barriss turned the pad off with a shrug. She didn't want to reveal to much in front of the others so she didn't say anything else.

Once they were all finished eating (y/n) and Barriss walked somewhere more private. "You have a talent" Barriss spoke as she crossed her arms. "You shouldn't feel the need to suppress it"

"That's not your decision" (y/n) replied as he shook his head. "Nothing good comes of Dathomir. Especially not the magicks"

"You came from there" Barriss took her friends hand. Once again she felt a sudden surge of affection from him. She had talked to him about that on Endor but he didn't seem to listen. She didn't mind it as much anymore though. "And it was in your vision. That has to mean something"

(Y/n) sighed but held Barriss' hand back. "I appreciate you taking an interest but I really don't want to use Magick" he let go of Barriss' hand and walked away.

Barriss sighed and crossed her arms. He would need to get over this eventually.

Coruscant, the next day

(Y/n) and the others exited the ship. He looked around the hangar bay of the Jedi temple with a smile as Iza sat in his hair. "It's good to be home" he whispered before spotting his master walking towards them.

"Master" he smiled and they bowed to each other.

Bultar smiled at the boy and nodded. "I heard you've been on quite the adventure"

"Indeed" he nodded as Anakin and Ahsoka walked past them, probably to do something important. Barriss however waited patiently behind (y/n).

"You should rest. I'm the morning we continue your training" Bultar looked at Barriss who just nodded. (Y/n) didn't know what that was about but he also didn't much care.

"Whatever you say master" (y/n) walked past them. After sleeping on Ewok beds the temple beds would be a nice change of pace.

Once (y/n) arrived back in his quarters he sat down on his bed. Iza flew off his head and onto a nearby table. "Goodnight Iza" (y/n) yawned as he lay down.

The second the boys eyes closed he was fast asleep. Visions of the planet Dathomir sprang to his mind once again forced their way into his mind.

(Y/n) watched as a woman riding a rancor used her magick to whip the men as they built something. (Y/n) tried to interfere but he was held in place.

A moment later the setting changed to a lone rancor in the jungle. It was probably a cub. It looked straight at (y/n) and roared loudly before running at him.

The second the beast collided with him the boy was shot out of his sleep, now wide awake. He coughed a few times before looking around. He saw on his clock that it was now the morning. He groaned but nodded.

He slowly stood up and was sure to be quiet so as not to wake Iza.

Once he left the room (y/n) quickly made his way to the training room that his master usually used. "Good morning" she smiled at him as he entered.

"Morning" (y/n) nodded and walked over to his master. "So what's the plan for today?"

"Well Barriss seems to think you may have a proficiency for Magicks" (y/n) groaned, he should have known the girl would tell his master about that.

"I don't-" the boy was cut off quickly.

"You need to learn to get over your fears. Magick is an aspect of the force. It can be used for good or bad. Use it for good" Bultar didn't seem like she was going to relent so (y/n) sighed.

Word count: 875