Duloks

The sounds of horns called out throughout bright tree village. "What are those for?" (Y/n) asked curiously as he and Barriss stood on the walkways between the trees. It had been a couple days since they arrived and they were finally starting to memorize their way around the village.

A couple of Ewoks ran by with spears in hand. "Dulok! Dulok!" One of the Ewoks yelled before running out of sight.

"Duloks apparently" Barriss replied with a shrug. The two ran after the Ewoks to see what was bothering them.

Once they arrived where the Ewoks were stopping they looked down towards the ground. "I guess those are Duloks" (y/n) spoke as he looked down at the spear wielding creatures.

 "I guess those are Duloks" (y/n) spoke as he looked down at the spear wielding creatures

"I suppose so" Barriss nodded in agreement. "They don't look to happy"

(Y/n) quickly turned as he noticed a line of Ewoks pull out bows. "Woah!" He motioned for them to lower their weapons. "We don't need to fight them" he used the force to make sure they understood what he was trying to say.

The Ewok that seemed to be the leader crossed his arms impatiently. Barriss knew what the boy was about to do immediately. He jumped down from the tree village and landed in front of the Duloks. They jumped back in fear before pointing their spears at the boy.

(Y/n) looked the group over. There were probably around fifteen of them. He reached out with his mind and spoke. "What is it you want?"

The Duloks looked startled that they could understand the boys strange words. They pushed their spears closer to him. A second later the spears were knocked out of their hands and onto the ground as Barriss fell beside (y/n). "What is it you want?" She repeated the boys words more sternly.

One of the Duloks yelled something, (Y/n) didn't understand the whole thing but he could sense the general meaning was something like "we want the soap!"

"That's why you're attacking the village?" (Y/n) asked as he crossed his arms.

"They do stink" Barriss pointed out with a shrug.

"That's no reason to try and hurt people" (y/n) replied before turning to look up at the Ewoks. "They just want soap!" He yelled to them.

Half an hour later the Duloks had their soap and were gone. "That was ridiculous" (y/n) shook his head as he and Barriss stood where everything had happened.

"Well wouldn't you be angry if you smelled all the time?" Barriss asked with a shrug.

"Not to that extent" (y/n) replied as he shook his head. "But they are primitive so I suppose it's to be expected" he shrugged.

Barriss raised an eyebrow. "Is that a hint of xenophobia I hear?" She asked with a smirk. "Never expected that from you"

(Y/n) shook his head. "Everyone has a bit of racism in them, whether they want to admit it or not. For example most people see neimodians as evil greedy people, but since master Kenobi and skywalkers mission to Cato neimodia the galaxy has been made to see that that isn't the case"

Barriss shrugged. "I suppose there is some truth to that. Although I don't think we should look at ourselves as racist"

"Whatever you say" (y/n) replied. He then pulled the transmitter from his pocket. "This thing has been transmitting for the past couple days. Don't know how much longer the battery will last"

"Not many ships come out this way" Barriss replied with a shrug. "We may have to come to terms with the fact that we may be stranded here for a while"

"The republic and the Jedi must at least realize that we've disappeared" (y/n) countered. "There should be some ships out searching"

"They May just think us dead" Barriss replied. "It's not a pleasant thought but it's a realistic one"

(Y/n) sighed but didn't respond. He knew she could be right.

Word count: 666