❤️ᴘᴏᴠ: ᴛɪᴇᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ

It's hectic, on the early day of the wedding.

Here you are seated in the bride's room, with your 4th glass of champagne in hand as you planted the fakest smile yet believable. Before you, standing on a small platform in front of a mirror as people crowd her with compliments and gushes on her wedding day, minutes from being tied to someone forever.

"You're doing it again," a whisper locked your eyes away from to moment, beside you with a worried look, Hermione seemed to be the only one that noticed.

Downing down the drink before placing it on the ground beside your feet, you force the corner of her mouth into a smile, "I have no idea what you mean." Hermione's eyes seem to doubt you as both of you turn to stare at the bride, "She's beautiful, isn't she?"

You can feel tears forming in the corner of your eyes but were able to hold them back, merely making your eyes glossy, "So beautiful... I-I can see why he fell for her." Hermione looked at her lap, contemplating how to respond as her eyes kept glancing between you and the bride. "Harry loved you. Those feelings are true but-"

"Some don't stay," You cut her off, "I know that."

They both stood up when it seemed everyone was getting in position, ready for the ceremony. Ginny, the bride, you can't deny how pretty she looks, her red hair stood out like the sun, and her smile is so genuine and excited while she rocks herself on her heel to hold her nerves.

She locks eyes with you for the first time today, and you just had to replicate the same smile to show your support. You watch carefully as Molly in frantic fixes any last detail from Ginny's veil to her hair. Signaling all the bridesmaids to move along first. Hermione reaches out for your hand, giving it a tight squeeze before walking up to Ginny and Molly.

Hermione was the maid of honor and she had duties to stay by Ginny, not you.

As everyone left the room, you take a moment to yourself. Let those tears flow so you could mentally prepare yourself for what's going to be happening outside. Slowly, you take your step to the aisle where everyone shall be waiting. Your heel clicks on the surface, filling your ears with the slow murmurs of the crowd too. Your mind kept replaying moments you adore, love, and cherish with each step.

The first moment you met Harry, you both were young and nothing was in thought. He was just there and your friendship bloomed onwards despite his title, you saw him the way he wants to be seen. Normal.

3rd year came, and despite being different houses. You had countless moments with him, only the moon knew off. Those nights of chat and deep talks under the oak tree by the lake. You shared your first kiss there, and imminently attraction blossomed so brightly.

You carefully sat at the back of the crowd just in time to watch the look upon Harry as Ginny walk down the aisle with her father. That smile, that adorable grin gave you memories, that same face he made when you accepted his confession in 4th year. It was genuine and filled with young love.

Ginny reach Harry's side, some were already forming tears in their eyes, but you couldn't anymore. You could merely stare numbly at the couple as they spoke their vows, your mind zoning out.

In the first argument with him, Harry wanted to keep the relationship a secret. Being a Slytherin, and dating one seems to only ruin his reputation. He didn't want that, and you didn't want your first to end that miserably. You agree to keep it low. You watched as he would go on with his adventurous life, girls towering over him to gain his attention and affection and he seemed to love it. You couldn't take that away from him.

You wished you did. If the aftermath was a wedding, a wedding where you weren't even the bride. They exchange their rings, huge smiles plastered on their faces.

Frowning your face, you remember the last argument you had with him. You raised your voice, you cried in front of him, and you confronted him when he went and kissed the most beautiful Weasley girl ever, Ginny. You were there spilling your emotion but he merely stared. It wasn't the first time, this wasn't the first time you argued about this.

But this time, it was the first time, he ordered, "We're breaking up." You felt droplets fall on your cream dress, looking scared and shocked you stood up too quickly to fix yourself before anyone catches you in such a state.

"I pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

You froze, slowly moving your eyes up to see. The most perfect couple in Hogwarts turned into a married one. Everyone stood up and cheered, throwing confetti around, almost blinding your sight.

You were able to catch Hermione's look upon you from the alter, that same look, that same fucking look you hate. The same look when she entered just in time to witness Harry's last words to me, to witness my tears, to witness just how fragile and in love I was with the boy who lived.

First love, isn't always the last...