❤️ᴘᴏᴠ: ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴀ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇꜱꜱ

Y/n despite being a Hufflepuff, quickly grew an image of being scary

Y/n despite being a Hufflepuff, quickly grew an image of being scary. Not physically no. The girl has the sweetest appearance and aura to her, yet when she hears negative comments and people being bullied. She steps up her game and becomes overall proactive towards the victims. Most especially towards the most targeted victim in Gryffindor, Neville Longbottom. Neville was an average Gryf. He was average in every way, except for his personality.

Neville Longbottom is a shy person, never one to voice out his feeling, and people easily use him to their advantage. When he was young, he would admit that he did enjoy the attention he received, though over time he concluded that people just saw him as a target. His quietness was endearing and he was so silent and naive, he almost didn't seem to exist. In the end, however, his personality was his fate. He was able to meet the famous Nora.

Y/n is a year older than him, yet when she stood there and protected him. Defended him against the other houses, even sometimes from his own friend when their comments get too harsh. People at first would tease Neville that he got a bodyguard, or a babysitter now. But those words didn't affect him, he grew feelings for Nora. He fell fast and hard for her.

It was dinner time, and all the students had gathered in the main hall for their feast to end the day. Neville sat at the Gryffindor table with his other fellow peers, even the golden trio sat in front of him. The group discusses random things, and Neville barely takes an interest or joins the chat as he focuses himself on gaining his nutrients. That was until someone had thrown a piece of paper scrunched up into a ball at the back of his head. Turning back, he sees a group of Ravenclaw snickering at him.

Usually, Neville would ignore them, he got used to this treatment and tactic people did to him. But tonight he felt embarrassed since they were younger and his junior. His friends stare at the situation, they didn't do much, simply glaring at the Ravenclaw group. And telling Neville to just ignore them.

But that wasn't enough for the group of juniors to stop throwing random stuff at Neville.

It went on for a straight minute until. "If you want to practice throwing things," a cold voice filled their eyes. Looking up Neville sees that there standing beside his side, holding a crumbled paper from landing on him, is Y/n. She had that sweet smile on her face but a dark pair of eyes staring dead at the junior at the Ravenclaw table. "you can do it at the quidditch courtyard."

Y/n spoke with no ill intention, no warning or curses. Yet her tone sounded so cold to everyone but Neville. Neville was basically staring up at her like she was his knight in shining armor, so cool and majestic.

"I'll be keeping my eyes on you kids," She threw that ball of paperback at one of the Ravenclaws who stumble to catch it. And with one simple glance at her, they imminently turned in their seat, avoiding her. Once that was settled, Y/n turn to the Gryffindor now. She did a headcount of the people there, mostly Neville's peers but commented nothing as she gave them a sweet smile.

"Enjoy your dinner," she states, "the elves have cooked the very best for tonight." Eyes landing on Neville lastly. She noted the glint of admiration in his eyes which caused her to chuckle. Reaching up to ruffle his hair before heading off to her table.

The group was silent for a second before any could speak a word. Neville commented first, "She's so amazing." Harry laughed, he reacted first within the group before Ron spoke up, teasing at first but his tone turned genuine seeing that Neville wasn't kidding, "Just confess, mate. I think she caught onto it already."

Seamus who was seated next to Neville nudged his side as he nods his head, "Please, even oblivious Hagrid caught onto it." he stuffed his mouth with mashed potato and still continue to speak with his mouth full, "It's the Y/n Madrigal. She catches into things fast. I mean you got pushed in the class, yet somehow she heard and confronted those Slytherin."

Hermione smile, finding it adorable how Neville is about Y/n. The man practically sees the Hufflepuff as his prince charming in those fairy tale stories. "I agree with them Nev. And that says a lot." Ignoring the offended look of Harry, Ron, Seamus, and Dean. Hermione focuses on Neville who is stealing glances at Y/n, the senior is chatting with her own peers. Y/n is laughing and smiling until she accidentally met eyes with him. Giving him a wave and smile before going back to her conversation, leaving a blushing and red Neville to squirm in his seat.

"I-I'm planning on asking her to," Neville coughed, looking up at his friends with a hesitant eye yet asking for some boost of confidence, "to the Yule Ball. I should, right?"

"Of course," not missing a beat, his friends supported his decision.