❤️ᴘᴏᴠ: ɴᴏᴛ ᴀɴ ᴜɴʙʀᴇᴀᴋᴀʙʟᴇ ᴠᴏᴡ

𝘙𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵: @𝘑𝘶𝘭𝘻𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘰4𝘌𝘷𝘢

"You're going to have to do better than that, Ron," she said, her dark eyes twinkling playfully in the sunlight. "I know you're trying to be romantic, but come on. Get your head out of those books and step into real life."

He swallowed hard and squared his shoulders, trying to appear larger than he was. But Y/n merely rolled her eyes. They both are currently outside under the tree by the black lake. Just the two of them as they catch up on things together, being in different houses causes the childhood friends to separate ways.

They sat in silence for a while, just enjoying the quiet. It was a normal day in Hogwarts, and like always, they spend the day as Y/n read her favorite romantic novel while Ron would debunk them the best he could just to get her to smile. Like now, Ron was re-acting a scene from the novel but he was a terrible romantic lover. Y/n remembers it like it was yesterday when she had time with Ron. The scorching heat, the stifling humidity, and the mosquitos the size of birds. It was hell on earth, but it was home.

Ron stares openly at her, although she doesn't say. It's the news for the whole school. Y/n's boyfriend was caught cheating, and she was publicly humiliated as he broke up with her in front of all students and the professor. But here, y/n hold a smile and laugh along with his jokes.

"Hey?" Ron's voice turns soft; it always goes soft around her. It's something Harry likes to make fun of, and Hermione would go all giddy as she fans girl about their relationship.

Y/n look up from the book, her smile wavering seeing how serious Ron was, "Yes?" "You deserve way more than him," Ron continued, taking the book from her lap to make sure he had her full attention. "I even doubt there's anyone out there I would even approve being in a relationship with you." He smiles, putting the comfortable atmosphere back between them. Y/n giggles, shaking her head as she questions, "No one? Not even you?"

Ron laughed, his chest puffed with pride. Although the red blush was obvious, "Of course not?" He wavers, running his hand through his hair before shaking it off. Y/n watches his body language carefully, "I would never go against our friendship. You mean so much more, and I would hate to lose you." she whispers.

Ron frowns hearing her statement, it hurts. He and Y/n have been friends since birth, imminently forced into a friendship but neither complain. She was there when he learned to take his first step, there when he got sent into the hospital after his first adventure in Hogwarts, and there when he got into a fight with his friends. Basically, she was there for him for everything. And it would be a lie if he said he didn't somehow fall for her charms and personally. Molly, his mother said he precisely fell for her when she was there to comfort him when he was bullied by his brothers. Giving him sweets, hugs, and silent company beside him.

"You know, you could never lose me," Ron replied, tucking the book behind them as they now both stare into the lake. "Tried that already," Ron smirked, "I came back into your arms crying desperately, remember?" Y/n laughed, remembering the day he returned to her home after his third year, his hair a mess, his eyes red from all the crying he did. "Poor, pitiful soul," she playfully added, patting his back.

They stayed quiet a second, well, Ron did. Y/n continues with her small chatter about the drama in her dorm. Ron, himself, is in deep taught. It's been a hectic week, so much happened, yet to him, what was more impactful was the sentence she spoke minutes ago. She was afraid to lose their relationship?

But here he was ready to make it more.

"Do you remember when we have that promise when we were kids?" he asked. Y/n hums as she tries to relocate her memories of when he was referring to, then it did. It was just before Ron had almost made an unbreakable vow with the Weasley Twin and he came rushing to her home.

"What? The somewhat unbreakable vow but not an unbreakable vow?" y/n giggle, finding the sentence itself funny. Ron did too, seeing her laugh easily brought a smile to his face, "Yeah that. Do you remember what we vow for?"

"Easy, that if ever..." Y/n was naïve to how Ron was coming closer to her, he inches closer to her yet subtly as his eyes stay on her, "... a boy hurts me you vow to take their place and-"

Y/n sentence is cut when a pair of similar hands held her chin, pulling her attention to Ron. And without hesitation, he closed the gap between them, placing a soft kiss on her lips. She was in shock, her mind moving in gears, but before anything more could happen Ron had already pulled back.

"... and fix you back up." Ron continues her sentence, looking shy now and nervous but maintaining eye contact with her, "Even if it means to be your boyfriend."

Y/n had her mouth slightly open agape. She didn't look mad, angry, or annoyed which relieved Ron. She instead had big doe eyes staring at him, "But you hated that idea."

Ron smiles shaking his head, now moving his attention to the lake. He felt embarrassed now, to him, it looks like Y/n was going to reject him and now he wanted to act as if nothing happened. Taking the book back to his lap, he shuffles around the pages, ignoring Y/n's eyes on him as he changes the topic, "Hey look! Your character is about to-"

A sudden pull shocked Ron, he was suddenly pulled on the ground. Stunned and baffled, a smile finally got onto him when he heard her laughter filling his ears. And then she popped her head into his view, with a cheeky smile, her arms wrapped around his neck as she presses her lips to his. Short and simple.

"Don't expect there to be more if you're not asking me out to at least 2 dates, Ronny."

Pulling her beside him, he laughed when she squeaks at his action before laughing at rolling to his side, her hands wrapped around her arm as he leans down to look at her, "Two dates? I can do that."