❤️ᴘᴏᴠ: ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʜɪɢʜꜱᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴘᴛ. 2

The date went surprisingly well if George was being legitimate

The date went surprisingly well if George was being legitimate. He taught that Fred might bail out in the middle of it, maybe even jump out through the bathroom window like the last time he tried to set him up. But this time, Fred had surprisingly stayed. It was only that part that made him think the date went well.

Fred wasn't even giving any attention to Alicia, at this point it was George trying to hold the conversation and the mood mild. He would sometimes have to nudge and kick Fred under the table to respond but the only reply was the fakest laugh and non-convincing smile. God, George taught the date would be over, but another surprise was that Alicia stuck around despite Fred's behavior. Now, that he taught about it, Angelina did warn him that Alicia tends to take people's reputations to gain it herself.

Alicia could only be here to get rumors flying about how she got to have a date with Fred Weasley the most wanted bachelor in Hogwarts. George felt nervous about that but kept his shut.

Not only that everything above was a challenge. Fred was much more interested to get Y/n's response for some reason. George sees the girl to be rather gloomy as she sat there beside a bright Alicia, drinking her butter beer, and would frown and rolls her eyes every time Fred moved the conversation to her.

An hour into the date, she finally spoke up.

"I'm sorry," Y/n softly pushed her finished glass before her gaining everyone's attention, and the already staring Fred to sweat furiously. "I just remember that I need things from the Quill Shop." For the first time, George could see her smile, and it was charming to say. "I'm sorry Alicia, I promised to stay." / "Oh no that's alright." Y/n took that a chance to leave, smiling genuinely at George but the moment her eyes landed on Fred, she glares heatedly at him.

George swears he heard his twin brother squeak like a scared mouse.

As they all watched Y/n exit the shop, George took this a chance to get them alone somehow. "Now that I think about it. This date is to crowded don't you think?" Alicia had her eye glinting, quickly agreeing with George, "Right, three people is quite a lot. Maybe we should reduce it to two?" George understand the subtitle the girl was at but before any of them could say anything, Fred was on his feet.

"You're right! Two people indeed!" He snatches his coat off his chair and threw some coins to his brother who was fumbling around to catch them, "Nice meeting you! Love yah, Georgie!" Fred didn't waste any more time as he swiftly got through the crowded shop with Alicia yelling out his name and George sighing disappointedly.

Fred rushes through the students to the Quill Shop but once he arrived, Y/n was nowhere to be seen. He even asked the shopkeeper but he informed him that she left just seconds after he arrived. Cursing under his breath, he knew he was in huge trouble. Stepping out of the shop, his eyes weren't giving up in search of her.

And there she was, a single flower hairpin on her hair he had gifted her stood out from the crowd. Unknowingly he smiled, feeling happy that she continues to wear a childish pin just because he bestowed it.

Fred carefully followed behind her. He watches as she would barely kicks pebbles and times when people stopped her for a brief conversation. And once he knew, they were at a safe distance, and a location student barely come by did he approach her. Sneaking up behind, and scoops her up onto his shoulder, laughing loudly as she squealed at his actions.

"Put me down!" / "Only if you agree not to be mad at me?" / I swear to Merlin, put me down, Weasley." Fred flinch at the last name, it felt weird to hear it from her, "Look, I'm sorry. George set me up and I tried, I swear to stop it." Fred had carefully led them farther from the usual track to avoid the people. His free hand hold the bag Y/n brought from the quill shop as the other held on her waist to keep her stable since Y/n decided to relax on his shoulder.

Y/n let out a sigh. The silence between them was welcoming as her anger was no longer there but Fred knew that now she was feeling insecure and genuinely sad. "Fred?" / "Yeah?" They reach the end of their path, right behind the Hogwarts building. "I'm wearing a skirt, really, really short skirt." / "Fuck!" Fred hastily put her down on the stoned bench as he looked behind, and around him to make sure no one saw the free show he didn't attend to display.

When the coast was clear, he looked back at Y/n who was more concentrated that she hadn't left anything else to buy from her bag. "We good?" Fred nervously asked as Y/n shared eye contact with him, she gave him a sad smile, "It not your fault. George have been setting you up for a year already," Her voice gradually grew small, "And I agreed on the part of keeping it a secret."

Fred frowns as he got on his knees before her and lays his head on her lap, "Come on now. You know I hate it when you take the blame." He looks up at her from his position, it was a funny angle that got him to smile as Y/n rolled her eyes, "I was to one that put the idea out, anyway." / "That you did." Y/n laughed softly before moving her eyes to check her surroundings.

As Fred watches her, he realized something. He never knew how much it hurt her to keep everything low-key, and just how much he would grow jealous when he wasn't around her to hear her stories, laughers, and jokes. He taught they were happy, meeting up twice every week at midnight, seeking secret glances and note-passing in class. It was fun, but no longer when you realize how much better it would be to be public.

"I'm sorry it was selfish of me," Fred mutters, but she overhears especially with how he was squeezing her thigh to gain her attention. She didn't know what to reply, it was true in a way. When she meets Fred, he was living a fun, wild, and free bachelor life. Getting any and every girl, going to parties to get drunk, and waking up in someone else bed naked. It was his reputation too.

And when he settled down with her, the change felt weird.

Agreeing to his idea to keep it a secret was hard for Y/n, but it was somewhat worth it when he grew confident to turn down others, openly admitting he wasn't looking into any relationships or hookups. Plus secret nights out, were differently an adrenaline rush.

Y/n instead choose to chuckle, sliding her hand against Fred's hair, smiling as the boy lean closer for her touch. "It's high school love." Fred gave a confused face to what she meant, so she continued. "We're learning, adapting. It's a part of high school. And like everything, it won't last."

Fred felt his heartbreak, it was true. What are the chances of high school lovers holding, rarely? He knew that before he started any of his relationships but somehow, hearing it coming out from Y/n felt very hurtful, she spoke the harsh truth while caressing his hair and smiling so sweetly at him.

"Now, why would you say that when I bought you a ring!"

Fred pouted and whine like a child as he rubs his face against her bare thigh, this caused Y/n to laugh at his behavior before his words were processed in his mind. With such sudden strength, she got a grip on his shoulder, forcing Fred to look into her eyes popular.

"What?"