💚ᴘᴏᴠ: ᴀʀʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴀɢᴇ ɪɴ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ ᴘᴛ.1

𝘙𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵: @𝘑𝘶𝘭𝘻𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘰4𝘌𝘷𝘢

The only benefit of being born into a pureblood family, in Y/n's eyes, is that it allowed her to make friends with Draco Malfoy before his time at Hogwarts. They were integrated into anything from birth. Draco would enroll in music lessons if Y/n wants to do so. She would also take early potion lessons if he did.

They couldn't be separated. And they love it, being together.

Everything changed when they were admitted to Hogwarts. A sorting hat caused everything to alter. Y/n was assigned to Gryffindor, Draco's arch-rival house and the only one that his family detested. It created a significant rift in their relationship, which sparked a full-fledged rivalry and physical altercations between them.

When Y/n decided to make the golden trio her circle of pals, the situation worsened. Draco now has another cause to despise the girl as a result. Y/n had to live with Draco's remarks and battles throughout the entirety of her fourth year at Hogwarts; some of them would turn painful and some would leave both of their hearts filled with resentment. Overall though, Y/n and Draco discovered how to keep their distance from one another.

When the middle of her fifth year arrived, Y/n saw something significant for just her. Draco altered; his sneering and glaring were exchanged for a kind gaze. He replaced his insulting comments with a kind grin for her.

As the Trio only saw the same old Draco who seized every opportunity to mock and taunt them, it appears that Y/n was the only one to notice this shift. But Y/n always felt she knew him better, so she decided to intervene on her own.

Y/n and The Trio were in the courtyard discussing their other exciting plans for the challenge at Hogwarts this year. Draco's actions were taking up too much of Y/n's attention, preventing her from concentrating on the work at hand. She was when she caught a glimpse of the man with blonde hair leaving his group and going in the direction of the Astronomy Tower.

"Um? Who's hungry?" Y/n inquired as she hurriedly packed her property, ignoring her companions and keeping her eyes on Draco out of concern that she could lose sight of him. "I'm famished! I'll bring something with me!" She quickly exits after saying that, leaving her friends perplexed and gazing at her absence.

Ron murmurs, wondering if Hermione and Harry were caught up in Y/n's sudden rush of anxiety and need to leave. They did, but they decided to ignore it because this year's new professor was more challenging to deal with.

Y/n was swift on her feet and followed Draco like a shadow, making sure she was hidden from his sight. She waited a short while before following Draco up the tower, cautiously creaking the stairway as she pokes her head inside to observe. Draco was standing there, disheveled in his Slytherin uniform that was no longer neat, studying a piece of parchment in his palm.