002

The next day I sat in the white room, attempting to heat up a kettle with my mind. Even after the countless attempts, nothing worked. Things only worked when my temper was high. I sighed in frustration, putting my hands in my face. 

"Good evening twenty seven." I removed my hands and looked to my right, seeing the man from yesterday. 

"It's.. you.." He smiled. "Why'd you do that for me yesterday?" 

He ignored my question, focusing on what I was trying to do. "I've found that the type of power you possess requires a memory that makes you angered." He felt the tea pot with his finger, which had still been room temperature. "Try it next time." 

"Who.." I took a deep breathe, "Who are you?" 

"My name is Peter." He puts his hand out to shake, I took it. It was cold. "I'm here to help you." 

"Help me with what?" He ignored my question once again. 

"Have you been taking your medication recently?" 

"Ummm.." What a weird question. "Yeah. Why?" 

"Don't." 

"What?" 

"Don't take it tonight." 

My head tilted. "But the medication is what keeps me balanced, especially living in these conditions." 

"They don't do what they say they do." I felt a cold hands grab mine's, "Don't take it tonight, pretend to fall asleep and you'll see." He stood up, walking out of the room. 

-

I approached my bed, looking at the clock on the wall. It read 9:59. It was about time. I lifted the covers and hid myself in them like I always did when going to sleep. There were ten pills in the container before I went into bed. I threw one down the drain, so now there were nine. This was the first time in years that I would be going to bed without taking one. 

I had many feelings, but one wasn't tiredness. When I would go to sleep here in the lab I have always been extremely tired, falling asleep wasn't a challenge. Although there were terrors I had to face in the night, like bad dreams, I seemed to just melt in the bed and fall asleep with no problem. 

Now, it was like I was so alive that it was un-comforting to not turn over in the bed and open my eyes. I fought the urge to because I knew something or someone was coming to do something to me. I didn't know what though. I sat there for hours. T'ill 8 am to specify. 

I heard the door open and immediately shut my eyes again. Somebody took the container of medicine from the night stand, pouring the pills out. 

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine." I heard the guard count quietly. "Clear." He says. I felt someone grab onto my arms and lift my legs, carrying me in bridal style. He walked out of the room and through the hallways, I couldn't exactly tell where he was going but I soon heard another door open. 

I felt him step down, again... and again... and again... and again. We were going down stairs. This was another story of the building.

A door opened again and I was placed down on a bed. I heard footsteps, then I heard a door shut. I squinted my eyes, just to see if anyone was still there. I didn't see anybody, I was alone. 

I opened my eyes and looked around the room. This room was identical to a examination room in a hospital. I opened my eyes looking around the room with dim lights. On the other side I spotted a board... specifically a bulletin board with pictures. 

However, I wasn't that stupid. I saw a security camera in the corner. I thought about Peter's words. 

"I've found that the type of power you possess requires a memory that makes you angered."

I focused on the camera and I thought about everything they put me through here, then boom. The camera was set into flames. I stood up walking over to the bulletin board swiftly and looking at the pictures. 

I saw pictures of horrific boils on people's skin. Pictures of disgusting, shriveled up, dead bodies were presented as well. I felt sick to my stomach. Did.. I do that? 

I heard footsteps approaching the door from the hallway, so I quickly went back to the bed I was placed on and pretended to be asleep. The door opened and the man walked back in the room again. 

"What the hell?..." He said as he noticed the security camera on fire. 

"We'll have to get that fixed." Someone else says. There was more than one person present. I was picked up again and brought to another room. 

I could tell this room was full of people from the chatter filling the air. I was again lay down on another bed. I heard the beeping of a monitor. The were taking my heartbeat, why though? I steadied my breathing, I wouldn't want the output to be unusual.

Soon enough I felt someone lift me, then put a hand on my back to steady me. A head gear was placed on me, most likely to measure my brain waves. Someone lifted me, they climbed up a set of stairs, before I was gently placed in water. The water was warm and calming. I heard a slam, everything went silent, so I opened my eyes. 

It was completely black. I wanted to scream, to just melt my way out of there, but I was stopped. Stopped by a memory. 

Alarms blared as I rushed down the stairs, in attempt to escape the building. It's like everything went in slow motion. Adrenaline pumped through my veins. I saw the exit. The thought of a breathe of fresh air, the sun finally reaching my face again. I longed for it. 

I got to it pushing it to open it. But it wouldn't budge. I saw the place where you had to insert a key card and I knew I was screwed. I kept attempting to push on it as the guards ran to me, but it didn't budge. I was hopeless.

"No.. no no no!" 

The guards violently grabbed onto my arms as I screamed, tears prickling my eyes. 

I thrashed in the water, trying to escape the memory. I soon realized that the water I was in was boiling, I wondered why I wasn't affected by it until another flashback hit me. 

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Y/n! Happy birthday to you!" My mother's face became visible as she removed the video camera from her face. Suddenly, everything became black, then appeared back. 

Around me were my dead family members and friends, I wanted to scream, to escape. To get out of this awful false memory that made me both sad and angered. 

I was pulled out of the water. 

"We're having electric problems, so we're going to postpone this experiment to tomorrow. Thank you everybody for your hard work." It was Brenner's voice. 

I was soon taken back to my room and placed in my bed. When the guards who had placed me there were out, I closed my eyes to look at the clock. It was.. 

10:00 pm.

I had been in that tank for longer than I thought.