004

"Mom?" It was silent, I thought maybe I had been imagining things, since I had been here for so long. Hallucinations were a normal thing. But, this just seemed.. so real. 

"Y/n! Y/n!" I jumped, it came back louder than ever. The voice was coming from outside the room, it seemed to be calling for help. I pushed the door open. 

"Mom?!" 

"Y/n! Sweetie!" The voice grew more and more frantic. As it grew more frantic, I began to run faster down the hallways. 

"Mom!" My eyes prickled with tears, I ran as fast as I could, stopping now and then to bang on doors. "Mom!" I screamed. "Where are you?!" 

"Y/n! Y/n!" 

I snapped my head back, seeing another door. I approached it hastily, putting my ear to it. "I'm right here Y/n." I pushed the door open quickly, getting inside. 

The room was small, there was a desk with a notebook that had messy observations written down. The chair in front of the desk wasn't pushed in, so I could tell someone had been here recently. And I wondered... if I was supposed to be there. 

There was a window and I could see through what looked like- a sort of split in the wall. It looked like there were these roots- or tree branches on the outside, then there was a fiery middle. It was hard to describe. 

"Y/n!" My mother's voice was on the other side of the glass. I pushed the door open to get to the other side, going more slowly and cautiously now. 

"Mom?" My voice came out smaller. 

"Y/n! I'm in here! Help!" Her voice was coming through the portal. 

"I'm coming mom!" I got on my knees, putting my hand through the portal. It was.. slimy. I began crawling through it. It was a bit tough to get through, but I managed.

I stood up, the temperature had dropped. Goosebumps rose up my arms. I began to shiver from the coldness. My hair and my whole body was now slick from the sticky substance. I saw vines covering the room. But, they weren't the green or filled with any type of life. They seemed dead and depressed.

Everything was darker now, there was no electricity. "Hello? Mom?" I called out, nobody answered. Perhaps, the hallucinations had gotten the best of me. 

"Mom!" I yelled out. "Where are you?!" My voice was sore and weak from all of the yelling. 

I walked through the door that separated the room into two, then opened the other door to get to the hallway. "Hello?!" 

I heard a distant scream, but it wasn't a human scream. It sounded similar to re-historic scream. I turned. 

At first I thought it was a man, it had a body similar to a man. Its arms were longer than usual and it had these sharp claws. It looked like it had no face, but it opened up to reveal a horrific monster. 

I didn't have time to freeze and react, my legs just started moving. "Someone help!" My voice was desperate. I banged on the walls. "HELP!" 

"Y/n?" I heard a familiar voice.

"Peter?! Is that you?" I was interrupted by another roar, so I took off again. 

"Y/n!" I heard it again. Was this my mind messing with me again? 

"Peter it's coming- it's-" My voice cracked as I spoke. 

"Follow my voice!" 

I ran straight and turned a corner, only to see that thing again. I screamed again running the other way, back towards the portal. I got back to the fiery opening kneeling before it, trying to see if I could climb back out of this place. 

I reached my hand through, I could feel the difference of temperatures on the other side. It was still cold on both sides, but the other side felt warmer. I saw a silhouette approach the portal from the other side, they grabbed my hand firmly and pulled me out. 

I panted, my whole body covered in this disgusting goo. I laid my back on the person's chest and looked at the ceiling, my eyes wide and petrified of what I just encountered. My breathes raggedy. I clutched whoever I was on's sleeve, trying not to cry.

"It's okay.." Their arms wrapped around me, I soon realized that this was Peter. I brought my arms up, bringing them back and wrapping them around his neck and letting out a quiet sob, that eventually turned into more sobs. 

"I'm here." He soothes, leaning his chin on my head for even more comfort. So I just laid there, staring up at the ceiling, taking in his touch. I let out more sobs as I replayed the events in my head. I wanted it to last forever. I wanted him to hold me forever, but the night was temporary. 

"Y/n? Y/n?" I flinched at the voice, wanting it to stop. It was my mother's voice, it was supposed to make me feel better but it didn't. It just reminded me on how I got into this mess. 

"What is it?" Peter asks softly. 

"You don't- you don't hear that?" 

"Hear what?" Peter looked down to me noticing the back of my ears, seeing something he hadn't noticed before. He saw the back of the diamond earring. "The earrings, Y/n." He realized. "Take them off." He said firmly. 

I sat up took out the earring backs and slid them out. The voice stopped. It took me a moment, but I soon realized. It was too obvious now; hearing things, not taking medication, being given earrings. I was set up. "How.." My voice was weak. I swallowed and turned to face Peter, "How do they know who my mother is? How do they know her voice??" 

"You.. uh- you.." Peter's ears perked up, his head turned sharply as he heard the footsteps of the guards. "I have to go." He stood up, I grabbed his arm, looking at him with sorrowful eyes. "I'll be back tomorrow. I promise." 

And with one last look he walked out of the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.