017

I touched the cool surface of the kettle full with water, heating it up with my hands. Soon, I heard the whistling noise, which indicated to me that it was ready. My hair was in a bun, a few strands sticking out. I had a white shirt on and blue jeans matched with a plaid jacket. Along with that I wore gold earrings and a few gold necklaces.  My only plans for today were to drink tea and read a good book to get my life back together. 

Knock knock. 

"Go away!" I said, not in the mood. 

Knock knock knock.

I sighed. I took long strides over to the door. I swung it open, seeing two girls. One wearing a fancy pink shirt and a beige sweater, the other wearing a proper white shirt and a blue jacket. "I already gave my answers to the police, please go away." I tried shutting the door, but one of the girl's placed their foot down to stop it from closing. 

"We want to talk to you, Mrs. WIlliams." The fluffy haired blue eye girl held up a piece of paper, that contained an article about me on it. I squinted at her.. she looked familiar. "About him." They pointed to a photo of me and Peter. 

-

"Sorry if I came off rude in our first encounter." I say, picking up the kettle and pouring the hot water into cups. I dipped the tea bags in the sizzling water.

"No worries, we imagine you're already in enough stress." Nancy says. 

I smile as I put the tea mugs down on the table. 

"We are so.. so sorry about your husband." The other one, Robin, says. 

"Oh, pshh." I chuckle, "It's all good. I'm recovering quite nicely." I sit down. "So what are you here for again?" 

"Right.. we need your help." 

"So you're not reporters?" I put one eyebrow up, grabbing the tea cup and sipping on it. Robin picked up the cup and sipped on it, before making a dramatic face and spit the tea back into her cup. "You alright?" I ask her. 

"How are you drinking that?! It's so hot!" She exclaimed, Nancy slapped her in the arm, beckoning for her to behave around me, but I only just laughed. 

"Been doing it my whole life." I shrug, taking another sip. 

"Anyways..." Nancy continued on, "Can you tell us.. who's that man in the photo?" 

"That's Peter Ballard. I read in an article." 

"Peter Ballard?" Nancy looked at Robin, "Can you tell us about him?" 

"So.." I placed the tea cup down, "How urgent would you say your situation is from a scale of 1 to 10?" 

Nancy looked shocked, Robin answered for her. "10." 

"Ok well.." I look down, "I hate to break it to you but, I am not the woman in the picture. I'll have you know that.." I look at the article, "Y/n L/n is dead. She has a grave here in Hawkins. You can even go see for yourself." 

They were both silent. 

"Now, I imagine you have other places to be that are much more important than here, I'm sorry but I can't assist you. You should go." I say softly. 

Robin stood up suddenly, "What if it was you?" 

"Sorry, what?" 

"What if it was you being a victim of these murders? Then going to the closest person to the case behind these murders and not getting an answer." She says firmly. 

"I gave you my answer." 

"It's not enough. Our friend is in danger!" She was now shouting, "And even if you aren't Y/n L/n then so be it! I might as well let out my anger! But this girl has only a day left to live and if you are actually Y/n L/n- if I were you, I would definitely help people who are in need of it!" Even Nancy looked shocked by Robin's behavior.