014

Blood running down his forehead, knife clasped in his hand, dead bodies everywhere. He turned towards me, taking long strides over and... 

I woke up in the middle of then night in a sweat, gasping for air. My chest felt so incredibly tight. "Y/n?" I whipped my head to the side, seeing him. I sat up in the bed, frantically backing away. 

"Another nightmare?" He asks, I look at him with horror, still recollecting myself. He soon realizes, "It was about me, wasn't it?" My jaw shakes, I let out a small whimper, not knowing what to say. I bring the covers over myself, eye clouding with tears. 

He got closer to me, putting both of his hands on my face. "I would never hurt you- I can't ever hurt you." He says, looking deeply into my eyes, "No matter how hard I tried, I could never bring myself to. I can only protect you. Do you understand me?" 

I nod my head slowly. I look to the side table, seeing pictures of me and my husband. Tears roll down my face. 

"What's on your mind?" Peter asks, "You know you can tell me." 

My jaw trembles even more, "I just- I don't really.." 

"Did you not want it?" His face was painted with concern. 

"No! I definitely wanted it. It's just.." I fiddled with my hands and looked down."I love you. I just feel bad because of it." 

"What do you mean?" He tilts my chin up, making me look at him. 

"Rob." I say, "I don't love him anymore. It's just you I want." I admit, "But I just feel bad because I made someone go through 6 years of marriage just to... just to fall out of love." 

"Sometimes," He picked up my hand, "You put so much effort into something that you don't want to throw it away." He kissed the back of my hand. 

I nod my head, "Exactly." I bring my hand up, touching his face. "I want to be with you, but it's just not the right time." 

There was silence in the air for a while. 

"Do you wish to go back?"

"Yes." 

A white light shines on the side of my face, I look to where it was coming from. I see a portal opening up, I slowly stand. I hesitated, looking back towards him. 

"It's ok." He mouths, "We'll meet again." 

And with that I walk through the portal, falling through it. 

-

Again, it was like I just woke up, but I wasn't tired. I had been in a trance... but it was real. I knew it was real. I looked towards the window at the sky, the time was 7:00 am. 

I had been wearing the same clothes. I felt a liquid oozing down. I wiped my nose, it was bloody. I grabbed the remote to turn on the TV, I slumped back on the couch. 

"We're in the Forest Hills trailer park in east Roane County. We don't have a lot of details now, but we can confirm that the body of a Hawkins High student was discovered early this morning." I frantically picked up the remote again, turning it back off. 

My heart was beating so quickly right now, my vision had been correct. Someone from Hawkins High died. Just then, another vision had hit me. 

Rolled back eyes, ring on the table, floating, bones cracking, living room, Robert, knock at the door, stinging, phone call, bleeding eyes. 

The flashes of images hit me quickly. I quickly rush over to the radio to record my findings. "Rolled- rolled back eyes, ring on the table, floating, bones cracking, living room, Robert Williams, knock at the door, stinging, phone call, bleeding eyes." I state as quickly as I could, pressing the button to stop it. I thought about what I just said, Robert was next. Robert was going to die. 

I heard a knock. Was this the time? Is it happening now? So many thoughts raced through my mind.  "Y/n? Y/n, are you there? It's me, Rob." I don't know why, but I felt such un-comfort by his voice now. 

I slowly went to the door. "Listen, I know it's late but, can you please let me in? I'm sorry." I open the door, seeing his face made me want to throw up. 

"Oh thank god," He went up to me, hugging me. 

"Get off, Rob." 

"What?" 

"Get off!" I push him away, disgusted. I hear the static sound of the light bulb again, it was flickering. 

"What the fuck?!" He yells. I shake my head at him. 

"Get the fuck out." I say. 

"I don't understa-" 

"Get the fuck out of my house!" I yelled at him. 

"No.. no. no. no. no! This is all.. this is all fucking wrong.. let's just- let's talk about it!" 

I grip the ring on my finger, taking it off placing it on the table. I shake my head, "I'm done. Last warning. Get out before I call the cops!" I feel a hard sting on my face as I stumble back onto the couch, I hold my cheek. He had slapped me. I felt even more disgusted now. Tears clouded my eyes. 

"Oh fuck- shit- I'm so- I'm so sorry." He grabbed my shoulders, lifting me back up. "It's ok- it'll- it'll all be okay. I'm sorry ok? I'm sorry!" 

"No you're not." I slap his hands away from me, "You're not the guy I married, I don't- I don't fucking know you." 

"You don't mean that- I know you don't" He grabs onto my face, trying to go in for a kiss. I push him again. 

"STOP." I shout. I turn around and run for the phone, calling the police. Just as I was pressing the last number, I looked to see where he was. He was just standing there. I tilted my head, confused. 

"Don't fuck around." I say. He didn't respond, but just stood there. I dropped the phone, letting it hang on the line. I slowly walk over to him.

"Hello?" As I got closer I realized that his eyes were rolled back, my vision was coming true.. once again. My eyes became wide as his feet hovered off of the ground, he flew near the ceiling before his bones began to crack. 

I fell back onto the couch and screamed, tears rolling down my cheeks. The lights were flickering rapidly now, they stopped once he dropped to the ground, dead. 

There was a silence, a deafening silence. I was in shock, my brain took it's time to process everything that happened in just those very minutes. I slowly walked over to the telephone, the number had already been dialed, all I had to do was enter it. 

-

"Ma'am! Ma'am!"  The officer shouted. 

"Sorry, what?" 

The officer sighed, "Where were you before the incident?"

"Oh." I recollect myself, "I was at home."

"So, when Mr. Williams came home before he passed away, you were there already?" 

"Yes." 

"When was the last time you saw Mr. Williams before you found his body?" 

I took a breathe in, trying to think if I should lie. If I told him that Robert's body just floated and his bones cracked they'd think I was the psychopath who did it. I don't want to lie, but I have to. 

"Ma'am? I understand this may be difficult for you but we need you to answer these questions." The officer says firmly, 

"Hey," The chief comes up behind him, "Don't rush her, she's in shock. Let her think." The other officer nodded. 

"Me and Robert had a fight at his friend's house, he went to my house in the morning to make things good. We made up and then I told him I had to go to the restroom. When I got out he was gone." 

"Do you have any recollection of what you heard when you went into the restroom, any windows breaking? Doors opening?" 

"No. I don't remember. Sorry." 

"That's alright." The officer jotted a few more things down on his notepad then stood up. 

"We appreciate your cooperation." He nods to me, I nod back. Then they leave.