019

"Not to be a wimp, but can I sit in the car?" Robin asks, right now we were all stuffed in the car on our way to give Eddie Munson a visit, Nancy driving. "Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck." 

"It'll be fine." Nancy assures her. 

"I can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really can't."

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better." Steve comments. 

"That's what my mom does." Max adds. 

"Why don't we give it a trial? 'Hey, Eddie. Uh, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack you requested. Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension, and the gate's closed so we have no way of getting to him. He's entirely shut off to us so basically you're screwed. And, no, I know you were already screwed, but now you're doubly, triply screwed."

"Wait. Maybe we don't put it like that." Lucas buds in.

"We're one step closer to finding Vecna. That's what we say. That's what's important." Nancy states. 

"See, Robin? Positive spin can make all the difference." Steve comments. 

"Uh-huh." Robin rolls her eyes. 

As they spoke, I looked out the window. "Eddie Munson was the guy who witnessed Chrissy's death, right?" 

"Yeah. How'd you know that?" Steve asks. 

"Get with the program! She can tell the future." Dustin responds. 

"Oh. Shit." Nancy says looking straight at the road. As the car got closer, it seemed that there had just been an incident that happened there, considering the crowd of people and the police cars. This is where he must've died. 

We all got out of the car, going to the side to hear what the policeman was saying. "...reporting a homicide out here on the lake." 

"Patrick Mckinney." I whisper to them. 

"Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene. We made our way to the shore of Lover's Lake, about ten yards from that house you see behind me. It was there that we found the victim, an 18-year-old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick Mckinney." 

"Holy shit." Dustin says, looking at me in shock. 

"His limbs.. his body, it was disfigured.. There was an eyewitness on the scene... We have also identified a person of interest. Eddie Munson. We encourage anyone with information to please come forward." 

"Oh man. This is not good. Really not good." Steve states. 

"You've got a lot of questions and I'm going to answer as many as I can. Two o'clock at town hall, where anyone from the Hawkins community is welcome. But right now, I've got work to do and I appreciate your understanding."

"Dustin, can you hear me? Wheeler?" Eddie's voice came in from the walkie-talkie. 

"Eddie. Holy shit. Are you okay?" 

"Nah, man. Pretty.. Pretty goddamn far from okay." 

"Where are you?" 

"Skull Rock. Do you know it?" 

"Uh, yeah. That's near Cornwallis and--"

"Garrett, yeah. I know where that is." Steve interrupts Dustin, walking forward, everybody following after him. 

"Hold tight. We're coming. We're coming." 

-

We all made our way through the forest to Skull Rock, getting lost in direction a few times.