006

Bang

I hit one of the guards in the head with the lamp on my night stand. The other guard put his gun up, but with the jerk of my head he caught on fire. He screamed, frantically dropping and rolling, but it was no use. I looked towards the security camera, focusing intensely. It turned to ash upon my stare. 

A trickle of blood ran down from my nose. I wiped it with my t-shirt, that's gonna leave a stain. I unclothed the smaller man and put his clothes on. I had to roll up the pants and the shirt was definitely too loose on me, but it worked to cover my body. 

I dug in the pockets, finding a keycard. So.. if this story held all of the people, then the other story held the experiments, the children that Peter clarified were here might be on the other side of this story. I checked the time, it read 8:00 am. 

I had to test my theory out. I walked down the halls with my head down, trying to not allow the other guards to see my face. There weren't many though, since I was expected to be asleep. I got to two double doors that had a key card slot next to it. This must be it. 

I inserted the card and it flashed green, allowing me to open the door. I pushed it open. I had never been here before. 

I walked down the hallways, trying to seem as normal as possible. A few guards armed with guns had passed me, luckily they didn't recognize me. 

I walked until I reached a window. I soon realized that it was a two way mirror. It looked similar to the white room, except this time there was a rainbow stripe painted along the walls. There were also more people- or kids.. 

I looked around and saw that all of them had been children, varying from the ages 5-12. They each had a shaved head and hospital gowns on. I backed out. I felt sick. 

Not only did they kidnap adults and run experiments on them, but they were doing this with children as well. I wanted to throw up, I wanted to go back to my bed and lay down, I gulped. I looked to my side to see a guard there, he didn't notice me, he was observing as well. 

That guard looked.. familiar. He worked on the side I lived on as well. I wondered.. if they switched to work on this side every other day when I was in a heavy sleep. 

My heart ached for these children, I wanted nothing but to save them, to create a hole in the wall and just let them run out and away from this horrible place. I know for a fact when they grow older they're going to think back to this and shake from the horrid memories. Or maybe.. they'll keep them for their whole lives and until they die.

It made me even more sick to think that the likely hood of them keeping them here forever. The children had abilities, I could tell since they were moving small metallic balls in a wooden maze just using their own two fingers. They got the same outcome as well, a bloody nose. 

I couldn't watch this for any longer, I began to walk away. 

"Hey!" 

My heart dropped. Don't turn around, don't turn around, don't turn around. 

"Where do you think you're going?!" The guard asks. 

"Restroom break." I say with the strongest voice I can. 

"Be back soon." 

"I will." My breathe became steady again. I haven't been caught. Not yet. I make my way to where I think the stairwell is. I eventually find it, using my key card to get through.

Slowly I make my way downstairs trying to remember what turns the security guard who carries me takes. Right. Right. Left. Right. I repeat in my head. 

I get to another set of double doors, I walked up to them with precaution, peering through the window of them. The door didn't require a key card and I also saw that there was no one in there. There were only some empty tabletops.. wait.

There was a single one full of recent paperwork. I pushed the door open as quietly as possible. I placed my feet down softly as I walked over to the desk. There was line paper, it was full of messing jottings. They seemed to be recordings that I didn't understand. But then there was a black journal. 

I picked it up, opening the first page: 

First Name: Y/n

Surname: L/n 

Date recruited: August 1, 1972

Abilities (Up to date): Ability to summon fire, ability to manipulate fire, ability to manipulate smoke, ability to turn objects/people into ash, ability to heat up objects or people, ability to summon electricity, ability to manipulate electricity, ex: make lights explode, turn lights on and off, interrupt electromagnetic waves, create electromagnetic waves etc, ability to summon lightning, ability to manipulate lightning, 

My eyebrows furrowed at the lightning part. Thunder is 5 times hotter than the sun, so I suppose with tremendous effort it would make sense if I was able to do it. I continued reading: 

ability to create explosions, ability to withstand heat, ability to change the weather by making the Sun hotter, ability to bring the dead back to life, 

Back to life? If fire is the main source to life and my abilities are fire then does that mean... My thoughts were interrupted as I felt a sharp pain on my neck. I looked behind me to see a guard in a white uniform. He had inject a needle in my neck. I pulled it out and dropped it, hoping it wouldn't affect it. 

The drugs kicked in quickly though, my whole body felt heavy, my ears started ringing. My legs quit on me. I fell back onto the floor, breathe being knocked out of me. My body felt frozen. 

My vision began to blur, but I could hear the foot steps around me. More people began to gather around me. My eyes finally closed.