021

I gasped in dramatically trying to find my breathe again, stumbling back. Steve was quick to catch me, "Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa." He says. "It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. I'm here. I'm right here."

-

I sat down, telling them about my vision, "He showed me things that I already foresaw, like- he was giving me a reminder of the power he holds. He told me to tell Eleven, about what I saw. There's a dark cloud that's going to spread over Hawkins. Downtown is going to be on fire, there will be dead soldiers, and.. a giant creature with a gaping mouth and it wasn't alone, there were so many monsters. It was an army that was coming into Hawkins. And then, he showed me a bunch of people.. they were all.." My eyes brimmed with tears, I squeezed them shut and shook my head, trying to get the bad thoughts out. 

"Okay, maybe he's just trying to scare you, Y/n." Steve suggests. "Right? I mean.. I mean, it's not real."

"Oh, but it is." I say softly, "When I had the visions, it seemed like I was actually there, it may have not been real.. but it eventually is going to be. But, there's something else I noticed. There were five gates spreading across Hawkins. The gates looked like the one in Eddie's trailer, but they didn't stop growing. It wasn't the upside down Hawkins, it was our Hawkins. Our home."

"Five chimes." Max speaks, I turn my head towards her. "Vecna's clock. It always chimes five times. Five exactly."

"I heard them too." I state, "Five chimes, five victims, five gates. That's what he needs to end the world." 

"He's been telling us his plan this whole time." Max says.

"If that's true, he's only one kill away." Dustin says. 

"Oh Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ." Eddie buries his face in his two hands. 

"Try 'em again. Try 'em again." Steve commands, referring to the telephone. Max dials the Byer's household.

"Anything?" Dustin asks. 

"No. Rang a few times, then went to a busy signal." She answers. 

"Maybe you punched it wrong. Try again." Steve voices. 

"I didn't punch it wrong." Max says, her temper rising. 

"Well, I don't know." Steve says. 

"I think she knows how to use a phone." Dustin fires. 

"I'm just saying she could've typed it in wrong." Steve re-buttles. She dialed it again, just for it to go to a busy signal again. 

She put the telephone back on the wall, "Same shit." She said. 

"How is that possible?" Lucas questions. 

"Joyce has this telemarketer job. Always on the phone. Mike won't stop whining about it." Dustin answers.

"Well, can't Y/n, like- psychic project to see where she is," Steve suggests. 

"No. I don't know how to do that." I speak. 

"This phone's been busy for, what, three days now? That's not Joyce. No way. Something's wrong." Max states.

"She's right." Nancy says, "It can't be just coincidence. It can't be. Whatever's happening in Lenora is connected to all of this. I'm sure of it. But Vecna can't hurt them. Not if he's dead. We have to go back in there. Back to the Upside down." She declares.

"Whoa, no, no, no. What?" Steve argues. 

"Nope." Eddie simply says. 

"She's right. That's the only way we're going to stop him." I bud in.