007

I woke up, seeing I was now in a white t-shirt and biker shorts again. I didn't feel tired at all, in fact I didn't lay in my bed and stare at the ceiling for the whole morning like I usually do. I got up immediately, walking down the hall to the white room. I walked past some guards, who gave me nasty side glances. 

I finally got to the white room, finding my self a seat on a couch trying to reflect on my thoughts. I thought about what punishment I would get for roaming around or if I would get any punishment. 

"Hello Y/n." I see someone sitting beside me, it was Peter. 

"Hi." I looked into those agonizing blue eyes. "Why do you suddenly use my real name now?" 

"Hm." He paused for a second. "You don't deserve a number as a label." He grabs my hands which are folded in my lap, "No one does." He offers a small smile. 

"Do you know if-" I take a breathe in, "If I'm in trouble?" 

"For roaming around?" He asks. 

"Umm.. no I never said that. How do you know about that?" 

"You ask a lot of questions, huh?" 

I raise an eyebrow at him, not finding his sarcasm amusing. 

"Things get around here quickly," He simply says, "I'm not sure if you'll be in trouble for it though, you were eventually going to find out." 

My leg bounced up and down as I looked to the floor again, thinking. Something came to my thoughts. It was the black journal, the page listing all my abilities. I was able to withstand fire. If I was able to withstand fire, then what was their silly tasers to me? 

It came to my realization that they had never really used them on me before. It was most likely just to intimidate me. That could be useful, if they ever tried to threaten me with them again, I could just grab it and turn it to them. I have to keep to myself though. 

I felt a hand grab my knee, stopping it from moving and calming me. I never noticed how slim and veiny his hand was, it made me shiver. It was also awfully cold compared to me. 

"You're burning up, Y/n." He commented. "What's on your mind?" 

You. I wanted to say. But, that would be so humiliating if I actually did end up saying that. "Nothing. I'm just- just thinking." I say shyly. 

"About what?" 

I stayed silent. I didn't know if I wanted to tell him about it or not. It was too much to talk about. I was about to let words escape my mouth, but somebody came barging through the door. 

"Come with me." They said. 

-

"We're not mad at you Y/n." Brenner simply explains. "We actually made something for you to conserve your energy, what you're doing.. is fascinating." 

I look at him plainly as we walk through the hallways together, guards at our backs. 

"Their's a conservation room. Made especially for you." We get to a door and halt, he opens the door for me. 

I couldn't tell how big the room was, but I could tell it was heavily air conditioned. It had to be, since the door dragged across the floor, not allowing any light to come through. It was like a black void. 

"Where's the light switch?" I ask walking in. I turned around, seeing that Brenner wasn't there anymore, it was just a guard who swiftly closed the door. "Hey!" I ran up to the door quickly banging on it. "Let me out! Let me-" 

"Y/n!" A voice interrupted. I turned around to see a woman standing in the black void. She was dressed in a polka dot dress matched with a belt and a pearl necklace. Her earrings dragged down her ears from their heaviness. 

Diamonds. My mother's favorite mineral. She wore a red lip and a gracious smile. "Mom?" 

The background suddenly changed drastically. I was in a cozy living room. The couch was a white-ish beige color. Knitted blankets lay on it for comfort. And there was a fireplace for warmth. 

"I made you some cookies. Your favorite. Fresh out of the oven, dear." I looked to the table that was in front of the tv. Next to the lit candles there was a tray of cookies. A wave of nostalgia washed over me. This was my childhood home. 

"This is a dream." I state. 

She chuckled. "That surely doesn't mean it's not real. Take a seat." She seated herself on the couch and patted a spot next to her. 

"You're dead."

"Am I not sitting right here in front of you?" Her voice sounded like her's, but it was robotic. 

"I don't live here anymore, Mom. I have a home in Hawkins." 

"Oh yes! Surely! Your old stuff is still in your room though. Just like how it was left." I gave her a confused stare, but she only kept smiling. 

"Oh no! Look at the time. It's about time you go to bed. School tomorrow!" 

I squinted at her. "I'm an adult Mom, I don't go to school. I work as a veterinarian." 

She gasped, putting her hands over her heart and furrowing her eyebrows. "I always thought you would be that.. You always cared so much for animals. Whenever there was a bug in the house instead of just killing it you would pick it up and bring it outside. That's my girl.." She smiled. Pinching my cheek. "Well... off to bed you go." 

I looked down the hallway, from here my old room's door was visible. I spotted it, a sign in the front of it. The door was cracked slightly. 

"Go on." She ushered. 

I slowly stood up. I had a bad feeling about this. Very carefully I walked to my door, she was right, it had been just as a I had left it. "Do not enter!" A sign was decorated artistically. I pushed it open. It was a teenage girl's room, Ralph Macchio posters on the walls, magazines on the desk, makeup scattered everywhere. 

There was an ashtray near the window, where I always used to smoke. My closet full of clothes, I was obsessed with fashion and style. It was a chaotic teenage girl's room, I liked it, it was me. For a second, it gave me a sense of false reassurance. 

For a second I felt calm.