The Encounter

A little bit of backstory for my ocs that I wanna write!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naomi's long black hair blew in the cold wind as she gazed at the house. She anxiously held her daughter, Ruth, while slightly regretting that she brought her. Ruth was too young to stay at home alone...she's only 6 for goodness sake! "It's ok, Momma! We can find them! Everything will be ok." Ruth said optimistically, as she patted Naomi's shoulder. Ruth's amber eyes shined from the porch light, matching Naomi's amber eyes as well.

"Yeah...maybe I'm just a bit nervous." Naomi exhales shakingly as she entered the house. "Cesar's house...maybe we can find Mark and Cesar here? Or at least some clues..." she told herself as she looked around the home of her missing friend. Ruth ran around the living room quickly, looking under each table, chair, or other furniture as if one of them were hiding under one. Naomi smiled at Ruth's determination, and at her naivety.

"I'll check the basement. Don't go outside this hallway, ok Ruth?" Naomi said seriously. Ruth nodded and gave her mother a thumbs up. "I'll be good! Don't worry, Momma!!" Ruth said with her hands on her hips, posing like a superhero. "We're gonna save Mark and Cesar like SUPERMAN!" She exclaimed. Naomi laughed and patted Ruth's head, "Be good, ok my little superhero?" She said with a chuckle. Ruth nodded, "Mhm!"

Naomi ventured down into the stairway, and closed the door behind her. The creaky steps filled her with anxiety. Dang, Cesar....when was the last time you went down these stairs?! Geez... Naomi thought to herself as she reached the bottom of the depths.
Naomi... a voice called out. Naomi whipped her head behind her, but nothing was there. Naomi's breath quickened and she backed into a corner.

You search for your friends, but they are already gone the voice said. Naomi's eyes widen, "W-What..?" She said quietly as a sigh. You are a fool, Naomi. You should have never came back. It said. Naomi gulped, "What...are you?!" She yelled.

Cesar...

Meanwhile, in the hallway, Ruth hummed a song to herself. She yawned as she looked at the clock. "It's so late! 11 pm?!" She said worryingly. "Momma should be back by now..." she said with a frown.
"Ruth!" A voice said from down the hallway. Ruth jumped at the loud and sudden noice, "Huh?!" She responded. Her brown hair in ponytails were a mess from her investigating. She tiredly wiped her eyes and looked up to find...

"Cesar!" Ruth yelled with glee. "Cesar I found you!" She said as she hugged the man. Cesar looked down at Ruth with a smile, "Ruth! You're bigger now than the last time I saw you." He said with an awkward laugh. Ruth nodded, "I grew! Soon I'll be taller than all three of you! Taller than you! Taller than Mark! And taller than Momma!" Ruth said loudly with a confident smile.

"Don't grow up too fast...you make me feel like an old man." Cesar said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Did you see Momma anywhere?" Ruth asked. Cesar nodded, "Y-Yes...we were looking for you...but I seem to have er- lost her." Cesar said a bit quickly. "Oh..." Ruth said sadly. "But that's ok! I'm sure she just went home." Cesar said.

Ruth stared at Cesar curiously. "W-What ever is the matter, Ruth?" He said nervously. "Why is half of your face covered by a shadow?" Ruth asked. Cesar's eyes widen, "Because it's dark?-" He was cut off. "OH! Of course, it's dark. Sorry, Cesar!" Ruth said with a smile. Cesar nodded and smiled back, "I am not upset." He responded.

"I gotta go home now! I'm sure Momma is waiting for me!" Ruth assumed. Cesar muttered under his breath. Ruth ran up to him and hugged him one last time, "I'm so happy I found you! Goodbye, Cesar! Maybe tomorrow we can look for Mar-" she stopped talking as she was being cut off by Cesar.

Mark is dead, Ruth. It said. Ruth froze in place, "W-What? No he isn't!" He is. Do I have to show you...? It asked. Ruth shook in her position, too afraid to break away from the hug and to afraid to move, let alone breath. You must wake up, Ruth. Don't make me come see you again. It threatened. I will not stop, not until you see things for what they truely are. It added.

Ruth's eyes started to water. "Y-You said you saw Momma. Is she..." Ruth said quietly as she faded out of the sentance. She left you here. After risking your life for her, she betrayed you. She left you, Ruth. Ruth sobbed, "NO SHE DIDN'T! YOU'RE NOT CESAR! HE WOULD NEVER SAY THAT ABOUT MY MOMMA!!" She screamed as she broke free from the alternate.

She would rather die then take care of you. And that is exactly what she did. Just like everyone else you cared about. They left you! To die! The fake Cesar yelled at the child. Ruth cried, "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! STOP IT!" she covered her ears. But I can help you. It concluded. Ruth glared at the fake Cesar. "No. Go away..." she spat. I can make your pain go away. I can help, Ruth. It smiled widely, it was abnormal and it unsettled Ruth.

Ruth was silent for a moment, and she came to a conclusion. She stood from the ground and approached Cesar with her head down in sorrow. Good child. Now, come with m- Ruth dashed to the door and swung open the entrance as she bolted towards the street. Fake Cesar hissed in annoyance and chased her to the doorway. His hands turned to sharp claws as he reached for her.

His claws ripped at Ruth's shoulder with made her scream in pain, but while crying in pain, she kept running. While covering her shoulder, she exited the house and fled...leaving the Fake Cesar to eat her dust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WOW THAT WAS SO FUN TO WRITE OMG. So yeah...there is some backstory for my two ocs. I personally really like the both of them, and I hope you do too! Have a great day! <33333