Friendly Reunion

So, to get back in the groove of writing, I thought I would write a small little oneshot of my ocs Naomi and Orpah. So enjoy this little writing! <3 (btw this is in an au where Mark, Cesar, and Naomi live)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Orpah sat in the passenger seat of the small car as her mother, Naomi, was driving down a neighborhood road. Orpah glanced out the car window as the passing houses, all of them almost identical besides from some lawn decor or roof colors. "You're being awfully quiet, Orpy. Something on your mind?" Naomi asked, breaking the silence between the two women.

"Oh! Uhm...just thinking about...stuff." Orpah muttered. Naomi raised an eyebrow in curiosity and glanced to her daughter then back to the road "What kind of stuff?" She questioned. "I just remember when I was little and would run down this road every day just so I could go play with Sarah." Orpah smiled faintly as she thought of the memory. "I think I lost a tooth while I was at the house and Mark started to panic and called you 30 times."

Naomi chuckled "I remember that. Didn't you lose it because you accidentally fell our of their backyard swing?" Orpah nodded "Yup! That's the one." Naomi finally pulled into the driveway of the Heathcliff household and they see another car there. The other car was scratch free and looked very expensive. Naomi rolled her eyes "Cesar always gets the flashiest things he can get..." she mumbled to herself.

Orpah rings the doorbell and a familiar face pokes out from behind the door. "Ah, fashionablely late as always Orpah?" Mark chuckled. Orpah stared at the brunette with an unphased stare "Looking older and older as always Mark?" She sneered. Mark narrowed his eyes at the younger girl "Ok, first of all, I'm only 30. And second of all, that was uncalled for." He said. "So are your old man wrinkles but you don't see me complaining about 'em." Orpah replied.

Mark sighed and let the two inside the house. "I should have just invited Naomi-"

"Orpah, try not to be mean to the others." Naomi instructed. "If they start something I will finish it. You did not raise a quitter." Orpah smiled. Before Naomi could saw anything, the both of them were approached by Cesar. "About time you both showed up! I thought the food would get cold before you got here." Cesar said. "Honestly I wouldn't mind that if it were pizza. I think cold pizza is awesome." Orpah grinned. "Of course you would. What's next? Liking plain milk?" Cesar cringed.

"Hey, milk is good!" Naomi frowned. Cesar gasped "You're a psychopath! No one sane would like milk!"
Mark raised his hand "I do." Cesar glared at Mark "You're supposed to be on my side." Mark shrugged "I can't lie. I honestly love just drinking a glass of plain milk sometimes." That made Cesar gag "disgusting, all of you."

Later on that night, every was getting their plates fill with food that Cesar and Mark made. "Sarah should be almost home by now." Mark commented. "Oooo did she get the job she wanted?" Naomi asked. "Mhm! She's working with her friend, Evelin, at our uncle's tech shop." Mark explained. "Well that's great! I'm happy for her."
As if on cue, there was a sound of the door opening. Orpah turned her head towards the sound "Sarah!" She jumped up and ran to the door. Sarah saw her and smiled "Orpah! I'm suprised to see you. I thought only Cesar was coming over for dinner." She smiled. "It wouldn't be a good get-together without yours truely!" Orpah giggled.

"Guess not." Sarah shut the door behind her and entered the living room where everyone was eating. "Am I late...?" She asked awkwardly. "Yup. your sooooo late, how dare you have to do your job!" Mark teased. "We're soooo super mad at you right now." Cesar added to Mark's joking. Sarah rolled her eyes "Whatever." Sarah made her plate and sat down with the others.

"Speaking of jobs...Orpah, are you getting one?" Cesar asked, turning to Orpah. "I'm not sure...not many options in Mandela. I was thinking about working in some fast food place...but they don't pay good." Orpah sighed. "Well some money is better than no money." Cesar shrugged. "You have a fair point." Orpah nodded.

(Time skip to the end of dinner because I'm lazy)

It was late at night by now and everyone was getting pretty tired. Mark was passed out on the couch, asleep already. He never liked staying up super late. Naomi, Orpah, and Cesar would ready to leave. Sarah told them goodbye and the three walked to their cars. Orpah looked at Cesar's car "So that shiny car is yours?" She asked. "Yes. And if you even touch it I will have to end your life." He said only half joking. "Is that a challenge?" Orpah giggled. "...that depends, are you going to touch my car if I say yes?" He asked. "Don't touch the car, Orpah." Naomi warned. "FIIIIINE." Orpah groaned. "See ya, Ces." Naomi hugged him goodbye. "Bye, Naomi."

Naomi got in the car and Cesar turned to Orpah and ruffled her hair "Bye to you too I guess." They both laughed. Cesar then got into his car and drove away as Orpah entered her mother's car and they also followed suit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you all for reading. I know this was a bit of a different writing but I think it really helped me get back into this book again.
Again, thank you all. And remember to stay hydrated.
- False <3