Chapter three~ The Motive

Ding dong!

Logan slowly opened his eyes. "It is now daytime! Bask in the sun, swim in the water, and plan your perfect crime. Also, I'll need to see everyone this morning to talk about a special surprise! Meet me at the hotel." Monokuma said on the monitor. Logan sat up and walked out of his cabin, only half awake. He walked over the boards of wood in front of the cabins as they squeaked under his feet.

He walked in side the hotel lobby and saw Nico. "Hey Nico." Logan said cautiously. "Hi. Have you seen a pink and white rabbit anywhere?" Nico asked. Logan raised an eyebrow. "No, but if I do, I'll let you know." Logan said slowly, moving towards the stairs that lead to the dining room. "Alright, because she's what's going to fix everything. Yeah, once we find her, everything'll be fine." Nico mumbled, walking up the stairs with Logan.

"Okay, is everyone here?" Sky yelled, looking around at the youtubers. "I think so." Tom said. "Alright, so where the fuck is the bear? He said he was going to be here." Drake said angrily. "D'awwww, do you miss me already? How cute." Monokuma said, appearing out of nowhere. "H-How the fuck do you do that?!" Jeremy asked. "Anyway, I've gathered you all here because I have a little...motive for you all." the bear said, ignoring Jeremy. "What kind of motive?" Adam asked. "A motive to get you guys killing, duh!" Monokuma said happily. "We don't even know how this game works! Do you just kill someone, or do you hide the body or what?" Phil said. "Agh, I thought I told you to ask Nico about that crap. It's simple, kill the person, everyone investigates, have a Class trial, find the killer and have them executed or don't and have everyone but the killer executed. It's first grade science people!" Monokuma said in one breath. "No matter what you say, we won't kill anyone!" Sky said angrily, glaring at the bear from behind his sunglasses. "You think so? Ah, you guys are so hopeful. I can't wait to watch you lose that hope day by day! It'll be so fun!" Monokuma yelled, twirling around. "Just get on with it." Charlie said. "Fine fine! The motive is that...you all lost your memories! And, if you kill someone, you can get them back!" Monokuma said.

"Wait, we lost our memories? What do you mean?" Phil asked. "I mean that you guys lost around, um, I'd say two years worth of memories." the bear said. "How is that even possible?" DanTDM asked with a bewildered look. "I dunno, science and stuff! The point is, if you want them back, you need to kill someone!" Monokuma explained before disappearing.

"Alright, so no one is going to kill anyone, got it? No matter how much you want whatever memories that bear has, you are not killing anyone!" Sky said. "Right, we can't start killing over something so useless." Dan said. "So, there's nothing to worry about, right?" Kellz asked. "Right. So, let's eat! I'm starving." Alex said. Everyone agreed. They got their food and sat down at the tables.

After breakfast, Logan decided to go hang out with someone to avoid another encounter with Monokuma. He walked around the islands for awhile until he found Will at the airport. "I can't believe it. None of the planes have engines. None!" Will yelled, walking toward Logan. "Did you really think it would be that easy. I'm pretty sure the bear did more planing then that." Logan said as Will reached him. "Oh, shut up. Let me have a little hope." Will said. "Oh please, that fucking bear would murder you for having anything close to hope here." Logan explained. "Then I'll die with honor." Will said, smiling. Logan rolled his eyes. "I don't think that your goal should be to die." Logan said. "Don't worry, it's not. Though, it would be a much easier goal, wouldn't it." Will said. "Probably." Logan agreed.

The two talked a while longer about various things, until Sky walked by. "Oh, hey Sky!" Will said, looking over his shoulder at their leader. "Huh? Oh, hi." Sky said. "You alright? You seem a little tense." Logan asked. "Uh, yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired, that's all." Sky said awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. "Where are you even going anyway?" Will asked. "Just to Rocket Punch, going to pick up some snacks. Why?" Sky asked. "Just wanted to know." Will said, turning back around. "...Right, well, I'll see you guys around. And don't even think about killing anyone. We can get out if here without doing any shit like that." Sky explained. "You got it." Logan said.

Will and Logan talked some more after Sky left them. They noticed the sky growing darker. "This was a quick day." Will stated. "Really? I didn't notice." Logan said sarcastically. "Shut up. Come on, lets go back to our cabins before Sky or Sir Despair Bear decide to yell at us." Will said, giving Logan a friendly shove. "Right, right. Lets go. Also, nice nickname." Logan commented. "Thanks. Took all day to think of that one." Will said. The two got up and walked back to their cabins, bickering the entire time. "G'night!" Will called from his cabin door. "Night!" Logan yelled back, walking inside. He closed his door, turned off his lights and fell on to his bed, asleep shortly afterwards.

Creeeeeak.

Logan lazily opened his eyes. It was late at night, judging from the lack of light in his room. He lifted his head ever so slightly to look for the source of the noise. But, he didn't see anything. As he started to put his head back on to his pillow, he heard the noise again.

Creeeeeeak.

Logan shifted in his bed. He looked around again only to notice something new.

His door was open slightly.

This panicked Logan. He flung his legs over the side of his bed and stood up. He walked to his door and closed it. He turned around, and saw something.

A person.

They were in what looked like a dark cloak, with a hood covering their face. They were facing Logan, holding something be couldn't make out. Not that he was focusing on the thing in their hand. He was focusing on the fact that someone was in is room, late at night, in a place where you were meant to kill people. Needless to say, he was scared shitless.

The person swiftly walked towards Logan, who had pressed his back on to the door. "W-W-What the hell a-are you doing?" Logan said fearfully, eyes wide as the person was right in front of him. The person said nothing.

Instead, they plunged the thing in their hand, the knife in their hand, in to Logan's chest.

Logan made a sort of strange, half screaming half gargling noise. His face turned white as his blood poured from the wound. The person pulled the knife from Logan and moved to the side. This caused Logan to fall on to the ground, clenching the new hole in his chest. He was shaking violently as his short, ragged breaths and fleeting heartbeat filled the room with sound. As the cloaked person started to leave, Logan reached his hand out in a quick motion, grabbing the bit of the cloak that touched the ground. This caused the person to trip, landing on the floor with a crash. Logan could hear something shader as they hit the ground.

The person mumbled something as they stood up again. They glared at Logan, letting him catch a glimpse of the person's light brown eye, wide with rage. They kicked Logan's hand away and left the cabin, leaving Logan alone on the floor, covered in his own blood.

Logan let out a few more rugged breaths as he laid there, to weak to move. W-Why...why me? he thought as his world grew darker around him.

Then, it became pitch black. His breaths and heartbeat stopped.

Logan, the Super Youtuber Level Pixel Animator, was dead.